How to setup a cargo line (video)

Home Forums General Discussion How to setup a cargo line (video)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    UltraMark
    Participant

Here’s a quick video I did showing you how to setup a cargo line between an oil well, oil refinery and the industrial zone of a town. I’ve used two trains (one for oil, one for goods) and a 2-track freight station in the middle so that the trains won’t interfere with each other. Let me know if this is helpful to you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHU7EzjkgDQ

Micha
    Participant

I would not advice to do so in early stage, cause will have a hard time doing profit. Later when production is higher this will work very well.

Anyway it shows “howto” do it in perfection. 🙂

UltraMark
    Participant

Thanks! I’ve added Subtitles/CC (English) to explain in more detail what I’m doing in the video.

UltraMark
    Participant

I was asked how to create a cargo line using Trucks, so here’s a new video explaining how to create a cargo line using Trucks AND Trains combined. Let me know if this was helpful!

christiansok
    Participant

I would not advice to do so in early stage, cause will have a hard time doing profit. Later when production is higher this will work very well.

I’ve had success starting with a cargo train line versus a passenger one. I had a good close network of supplies, production and a city to consume the goods so it worked out well. It most cases where it is more widespread it may not be best to start with a cargo line.

HOnzula
    Participant

Hi, thanks for good video about setup a cargo line. Over that I am not able to get a carry to station – not able to line usage: yes. I ´ve done the same as You 🙁

I really don´t know, what´s wrong..

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by HOnzula.
    douglas
    Participant

@HOnzula: are you sure you have a closed route? The entire chain must be linked: Mine > Factory > City.

Factories only produce as long as they can, BOTH, get their required items and deliver their production within 20 minutes of traveling time. Again AND very important, both need to be delivered. You cannot serve half of a chain. The industries in the entire chain will only produce if buyers for the final product exist and are connected.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.