[RELEASED] Shinkansen

Home Forums Modding [RELEASED] Shinkansen

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    PaTrond
    Participant

Hi!

Download: Here!

WARNING! When updating, the game might take longer to load, last save with the train present. Patience is your friend. The game might crash if you’re tabbing out or similar.

To do: (Don’t ask about it. It’s done when it’s done. I got to work every day next week, and do my studies aswell.)
    – Normals
    – Post corrections/ detailing when the normals are done.

Image by @OlaHaldor !
    Shinkansen 0 Series

Image of latest version:Shinkansen 0 Series

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by PaTrond.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by PaTrond.
    Lessigen
    Participant

You need to specify the correct material file in the msh file (ie …/res/models/materials). You can usually copy mtl files but you have to change them so that they don’t conflict.

Also nice models, looks like I have something to look up to when I want to model the 0 series too ^^

PaTrond
    Participant

I just facepalmed..! Thanks! I blamed the stress! xD

Lessigen
    Participant

No problem. I’m sure as hell not going to be able to release my version[s] of the Shinkansen rolling stock past that incredibly ambiguous deadline (more into the end of the year since I know nil of modeling). It looks great though, excellent work with the carriage variants. 😀

E: Do you plan to make the other series like me as well?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Lessigen.
    PaTrond
    Participant

Got that done. Now it’s just crashing the game when I set it to a line, without any informative error message…

No, I’m only going to do the Sinkansen 0 Series. First I’m going to release it as an alpha, then I’m going to polish the textures, giving them ambient occlusion, proper specular, normals and so on. After that I’ll be back on this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x0x0z1u9zfwemk/BM_88_WIP_9.jpg?dl=0

Maetel
    Participant
    Lessigen
    Participant

Nice PaTrond, I look forward to seeing your work ;). Do you happen to hang out at the .net forums?

Klorid
    Participant

Now it’s just crashing the game when I set it to a line, without any informative error message…” :
    Be careful your TGA texture is not compressed when saved/exported.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Klorid.
    olahaldor
    Participant

We’ve figured out the kinks, and working on adding/fixing some other stuff.
    A screenshot of the work in progress.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by olahaldor.
    steveb
    Participant

That looks awesome, guys 🙂 Keep up the great work!

Lessigen
    Participant

@olahaldor Nice! Can’t wait to see it fully in game!

Maetel
    Participant

it  look’s great  we are waiting

olahaldor
    Participant

I can’t take credit for the model, that is PaTrond’s work.

I made it work in the game. He’ll be working on ironing out some stuff on the model and texture while I’m at school, and then I’ll perform some Magic and it becomes a fully fledged mod.

olahaldor
    Participant

We are getting closer by the minute. Trond has been working hard on it all day on textures and some refining of the model, and I have been bouncing in when there’s been new models and textures to work on. I’ve measured lengths between doors, bogies and made animation most of the evening.

We’re literally just moments away from a first preview release for Urban Games to be used in Japan.

Crossing my fingers it’s not too late to submit even though the clock has ticked into the early night of September 19!

PaTrond
    Participant

Finally! I’ll give a huge, huge thanks to @olahaldor for converting it into the game, scripting, icons, feedback and keeping me from going banana! =D

The textures aren’t where I really want them to be. But I’m still unbelievably happy for what we have managed to do since  Sunday afternoon, next to work and studies! I consider this an alpha, which I’ll enhance as I have time. (Just bought the Quixel Suite – which is awesome! – for my studies.)

Modelling vehicles is, believe it or not, relatively new for me. I’m more experienced with flora, architecture and characters, so it has been a great experience doing something different like this! Still, this has been like one long exam and now I’ll take some time off from the computer!

Cheers all!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.