I give up, Train Fever is dead!

Home Forums General Discussion I give up, Train Fever is dead!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Bloodbunny
    Participant

GTFO then… The number of times this game has crashed for me (legit crashes, not ones caused by a misplaced symbol in a mdl file), I can count on one hand. It runs smooth as butter on full settings up to around 2000, then I have to dial back the graphics a bit, which is fine. This is one of the most fun games I’ve played since Kerbal Space Program, and its about to get free DLC. Bitching about doors opening on both sides? Really?…GTFO..just GTFO…

chillybmf
    Participant

Ive just bought this game on disc and have been playing it and emjoying it and was about to update it. Should I bother.
    The comments here have been very mixed and even discouraging at times.

Do i patch the game or live with the vanilla release which has never once crashed on me?
    Cheers.

sovetskysoyuz
    Participant

Chillybmf: I’ve played about 75 hours at this point and have never experienced a crash. My view is that crashing is either a) dependent on particular computer configuration, or b) related to mods.

Traian Trante
    Participant

The only drawback to patching is that you get the “main connection” feature. That means you won’t be able to destry any road you’d like. Other than that, the patches have been mostly good, there are some performance updates you might want…

Dolph
    Participant

@chillybmf

Well, in case it starts crashing after you update, since it’s on disc you can always reinstall it. If you’re worried about the main connection feature you can always generate a few maps and save them before you update, that way they won’t get that feature on those saves.

And really, I’ve barely had any crashes and the ones I’ve had were just after the game was released. I’m not using mods though, but find the game to be great fun anyway, can’t see what the fuzz is about. For me performance has also greatly increased, especially late game.

Good luck!

chillybmf
    Participant

Cheers for the replies!
    So the “Main Connection” stops me from deleting roads as i see fit? That’s not too bad, though i do destroy roads all the time, it is cheese i must admit and being forced to build more smartly isn’t too bad a thing.
    Good points Dolph.

I have yet to use any mods. I am enjoying the vanilla game at the moment and still learning and i don’t want to mess with the game in any way till i understand it.
    Plus, it seems the main community modding forum is near completley in german, and that doesn’t help me in any way.

🙂

jm764
    Participant

@chillybmf

Personally I’d patch the game since it now runs far smoother than the original release (at least for me) and has a few new features that the original didn’t.

Also here’s the patch log of all the updates released since the game launched: http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/release-notes/

vinkandoi
    Participant

I think it is most annoying thing to discuss performance and other off topic issues on threads like “Train fever is dead”

Train fever unfinished

etc

😉

chillybmf
    Participant

Cheers Jm, i’ll do that.

johanns
    Participant

Will be don’t bad, if maps will be biggest. And take airplan transport.

fredreed2000
    Participant

simonmd I think you are pretty harsh on the developers since they are working very hard on fixing the bugs and improving the game performance. If your having any issues there’s always people here who can possibly help you solve the problems your having. They are just about to release USA DLC so why give up so soon.

Person012345
    Participant

aPatch for sure. Ignore the haters. They have done a LOT of great improvements. The traffic is pretty much fixed now, in my experience so that “deleting roads between towns” thing isn’t even necessary and I haven’t -yet- run into an issue when just tinkering with my transport network. Maybe I’ve been lucky, but either way, they will be giving the ability to turn the main connection feature on and off in the next patch anyway.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Person012345.
    Dolph
    Participant

^^ Actually, I had totally forgotten why I started deleting roads between cities in the first place, but as you say, now that traffic is fixed there’s no longer any need to delete main connections. I started deleting roads because the traffic in some cities got so bad that the game was only about removing congestions that caused gridlocks.. That very rarely happens anylonger. It was never actually to get rid of the competition from cars I did it, and I no longer do as there’s no need for it now, even though I play without the main connection feature.

Good point Person012345!

Xcenty
    Participant

I didn’t read everything but what I saw on the first post is a bit too much.

I’m playing on a little laptop I3 with Geforce 710M and 8Go Ram. The game is running smooth after 120 years of game with cities having more than 1700 population. Sometimes, end of month the game is hanging for 1 second but the last update from the devs make this game more than acceptable for me.

Maybe I miss a manual to understand some key numbers like “details tabs”, … The game is easy and relaxing. Maybe next version can go deeper in economy to offer a more realistic experience.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Xcenty.
    coujou
    Participant

Xcenty: How is this possible? I play on a laptop with i5, geforce 325m and 4gb memory and it begins to stutter after 40 years ingame. Do you think upgrade to 8gb memory would help?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.