I give up, Train Fever is dead!

Home Forums General Discussion I give up, Train Fever is dead!

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Pasi
    Participant

It would as this game uses almost 4 gigs on its own. Hence part of it in your system gets to the swap file which is on a normal HD very slow.

But having said that, before the latest updates it used to stutter badly on my system too after say 60 years, depending on how heavily i built and cities grew. And i have 32GB ram and 512GB SDD so it’s not about that. Never tried with the latest patches as i can’t get interested enough to play this game again.

Xcenty
    Participant

@coujou : There is a lot of things that can make a game stuttering. With the performance patch, they made the end of month processing on another thread so that your multi-core CPU is used more efficiently. Sometimes, I have little stuttering too but I’m very happy with the overall performance of the game for my laptop. I’m between 25-35 fps in play mode and 45-55 fps in pause mode. Sometimes the game is hanging for 1 or 2 seconds (end of month… or after rebuilding some lines) This is due for the heavy calculation of path finding/new buildings at end of month/ …

But with now more than 15000 population on my small map, the game is still smooth.

Don’t overload your laptop too much. Play on a small map with the lowest graphic settings. (If needed, install a mod from train-fever.net to increase performance.) I think you’re a bit on the limit with your GPU.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Xcenty.
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.