Impossible to build overtaking sections?

Home Forums General Discussion Impossible to build overtaking sections?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Nique
    Participant

Yes, they toke the procedural city grow algorithm (basically that’s what the game was in the first place).. and added transportation aspects which makes this a game. Some nice work was done in the graphics side (bridges) and the lane aspects of railroad tracks (snapping) but after that, the math behind this game is kinda weird.

Yes it is working but it is not something for the future. The whole ‘time’ thing needs to be replaced by something that is more realistic so we can build realistic lines that use ‘free’ platforms at stations. And the trains on those lines are actually visually representing the ‘frequency’: stay at station until # ticks to match frequency.

pantner
    Participant

ok, I think some people are over thinking it… From my point of view fast and slow trains are just that. One train that is moving faster than the other. Either cause its a different model, has a lighter load, etc. Nothing to do with passengers or goods or express trains, simply one train moving at 40kp/h and one moving at 70kp/h. (as an example)

And the idea that i’m using is kinda the opposite of what I think works, where you can have 2 locos running the opposite direction, one will move into the “spur” while the other waits.

I actually think ‘highspeed’ might be right, leave the signal off the “fast” track.

Slow train moves into the slow section which has a signal and now occupies that section, faster train comes up behind it, won’t it take the “fast” track as it is not occupied and the slow train will wait for it cause of the signal?

I would try to test it but I am having trouble loading the game 🙁

Nique
    Participant

The slow train does not go on the ‘slow’ section because you can’t set waypoints.  No need for testing. it wont work.

bv
    Participant

I have had fast passenger trains overtake slow freight trains. You just have to have one track leading into the freight station and the other leading into the passenger station.

Nique
    Participant

Yes, that’s exactly my ‘workaround’. Using stations for waypoints. Its totally weird there are no waypoints in this game. It seems if you have multiple bus lines in one city.. the line will randomly change to ridiculous zigzag routes. Something is totally wrong with the line path finding system.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.