Industries not upgrading

Home Forums Support Industries not upgrading

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    anjan93
    Participant

Can you please point out whether it is a bug or not? An industry is not upgrading even though I’ve used the fastest cargo train with good frequency ,its supplier is also upgraded, and there is demand from the city. The goods producing steel mill is stuck at 25 goods when there is a high demand of 188 at the city.  There are two other industries on the same map having this problem.

matrix
    Participant

do you have a line from raw materials to the industry? as far as I remember, the raw materials supplier can’t upgrade unless it has a line usage

anjan93
    Participant

Yes it has. In fact, the raw materials supplier-iron and coal have all upgraded, showing 25 of 50.  However, the mill is not upgrading. Initially, it used to show “Upgrades in 11 months”, but used to disappear and reappear. The line to the supplier is also being used with a frequency of 60 sec.

Tossi
    Participant

Aren’t your trains stuck somewhere maybe? You could post a savefile so others can look at it.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Tossi.
    anjan93
    Participant
    Tossi
    Participant

It seems you haven’t listed all the mods you use as the savefile gives an error:

Files: res/models/model/vehicle/train/nsb_flirt_w3.mdl
    cannot open res/models/model/vehicle/train/nsb_flirt_w3.mdl: No such file or directory

Ok, I have tried to help you but after finding all the needed mods my game crashes when trying to load your save. It may be because I am using 32bit version of trainfever. If anyone else wants to help him all mods that are needed are:

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Tossi.
    anjan93
    Participant

Odd, I never used that train. Anyways, heres the link http://www.train-fever.net/filebase/index.php/Entry/74-NSB-Stadler-Flirt-v1-4/

Tossi
    Participant

You may never used it but I guess game loads it anyway because it is needed to display it in the depot for example and then savefile need it too. Also I edited my previous post where I explained other issues that appeared and that unfortunatelly I will not be able to help that way despite my best efforts.

Could you maybe post a screenshot of the city the industry is delivering to with the cargo overlay enabled?

anjan93
    Participant

Here is an image. I’ve  shown the suppiers and the producer stats. http://oi61.tinypic.com/fohesn.jpg

Tossi
    Participant

From this screen it does look strange. Could you make another screen with the list of lines window and also windows for each line included in serving that city? Also this time with land use overlay enabled too. And the area  of the town being served not covered by any windows.

Dolph
    Participant

Are you shipping the goods from the steel mill yourself, or is that left to be done automatically? Maybe there is a limit to how much goods can be carried from an industry without a line shipping the goods?

anjan93
    Participant

Here is the screenshot  of the town :http://i62.tinypic.com/34ilfs4.jpg

another town having the same problem:http://oi61.tinypic.com/294jktw.jpg

The goods producer is at the edge of the city, so it is nearby.

Tattoo
    Participant

DAMN!!!, do they have enough pop ups on tinypic.com. That place sucks. You should try imgur.com. There are NO pop ups there and is very easy to use. Sorry I can’t help with your problem.

Dolph
    Participant

Perhaps it’s worth a try to build a truck line and transport the goods yourself into the city.. you seem to have the cash for it 🙂 As I said, maybe there is a limit to how much goods a factory will produce if it’s not connected to a line

anjan93
    Participant

But I have several other industries which are further away from their city than the shown one and still produce a lot independent my transportation and satisfying the city demand. I even played on and even after a few years the production does not increase. It shows “Upgrades in 11 months” and disappears as soon as a month has passed by, then reappears after a year, and so on. I’ve tried the truck line, but the industry doesn’t upgrade. Whats more startling is the producer next to the industry(second town) doesn’t upgrade.

I’ve also noticed that these affected industries were connected after 2010.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.