Industry – Using line: No

Home Forums General Discussion Industry – Using line: No

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FrancoisH
    Participant

Hello there,

I’ve a big dilemma!

When I create a new line to transport goods or materials, the industry check the time needed to transport from point to point and use the line if it’s shorter to use my line.

But, if you use the “Load (any)” in the line option, to limit the running cost, you get issue like dropping in the production or even the industry cease to use your line. You have a 100% carriage but the waiting times make your transport timing dropping.

I see here an issue because if you run cars non stop, it will make you lose money and if you make your cars waiting, your timing go too high… It make almost impossible to earn money with train on the industry side and you can only manage to earn money with lorries.

If you have some tips to help me into this mater, they’re welcome.

Thank you.

FrancoisH
    Participant

I forgot to say, some industries production can go to 0 without any clue why!

hert
    Participant

If the industry is dropping to 0 it means you haven’t delivered the goods in a timely manner. And anything else is too far away to take it themselves. Frequency is very important in Train Fever. You cant just make a long train route with 1 train and expect to have stuff at your station like you could in TTD.

Mansen
    Participant

I swear this needs an ingame tutorial – I must have had written this post over and over these past few days… 🙂

You need to consider the entire production chain and finish the entire loop. The game is based on demand, not supply. If any part of the chain is broken or unfinished, the entire chain breaks down. Work backwards – Does your factories have a line that delivers the goods they produce? (Look at the towns to see how many they will accept). The factory isn’t going to accept raw goods if it can’t get rid of its goods – and it will only accept as many raw materials as it can produce goods.

So in conclusion, if the Steel Mill can’t get rid of all of the goods it produces from the coal and iron it’s going to slow down production till it reaches a balanced level – even if this is zero (which causes the connected mines to do the same)

Additionally you really don’t need more than a single mine of each for a long time. They will happily increase production upwards of what 8 cities need in terms of goods before you need to look into a second one.   Like I usually say – Work backwards. How many towns can you reach from the Steel Mill? Each one will usually accept around 50 – This is your maximum production of the entire loop.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.