Intermodal transport

Home Forums General Discussion Intermodal transport

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mackintosh
    Participant

Before I embark on this and waste an hour or two and spend millions in game I thought I’d ask. Is it possible to create a central freight station/distribution centre that I could funnel production materials to? In my map I have thee iron ore mines that are within a fairly short distance of each other. I thought I’d create three lines served by trucks and have them deliver ore to a central freight station that would then carry the ore upstream to its final destination. With two trains running back and forth I could keep it all well below time restrictions. Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

Mikkolo
    Participant

Hello i never tried this yet. I think you have this idea from TTD.  There is not a empty and go empty to the next station. Was thinking the Same but did not want spend so mutch money on it. I Will try when my other transport can carry THE losses.

Nique
    Participant

As long as the trip (in total!) does not take longer than 20 minutes it works. So yes, you can. The stuff will get transfered to your station. (i tried this with goods.. the goods were send to a central rail station and from their the train toke it to other cities)

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Nique.
    mackintosh
    Participant

I have never actually played TTD. My background’s in RRT 🙂 I assumed this would be possible, after all, this is a transport simulator, it would be very disappointing if intermodal transport didn’t work.

Anyone else can shed any insight? I really don’t want to spend the time designing all this and have it all go to waste. This is exactly why there should be a manual. I feel like a beta tester Guinea pig :/

edit: cheers Nique, I’ll give it a go and see if I can get it to work, it would be awesome if it does

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by mackintosh.
    Yemo
    Participant

multiple good destinations work, multiple origins dont work well (in general)

At the current state of the game, you are effectively participating in open beta, though this particular issue might be “working as intended/designed” anyway.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Yemo.
    mackintosh
    Participant

Welp, I couldn’t get it to work. At first the ore mines started producing and everything worked fine, but then after two or three deliveries they stopped using the lines and production dropped to zero. I checked total time (as much as I could) and it seems the longest delivery chain from start to finish (from ore to goods delivered to a city) was within 12 minutes. Looks like intermodal transport is not possible, or at least it doesn’t seem to work with any degree of predictability. I’m a very sad panda.

Bansheedragon
    Participant

@mackintosh

I think allot of that issue is related to the goods/raw materials production problems in general.

Allot of people have reported having goods or raw materials stop being produced after a while when trying to transport them, some even reported that the raw materials production increased when they removed the line.

Dozer
    Participant
    Person012345
    Participant

Obviously it works with passengers so I’d assume it is supposed to work with goods too. Though goods seem kinda buggy at the moment as people said. I couldn’t figure out how to make them work properly at all in my game.

Nique
    Participant

@Dozer i understand what the frequency means but still.. for visual representation it should be used to spread out vehicles. It just looks stupid to see 2 trains right after each other. One full, one empty.

Mikkolo
    Participant

@Nique you can place the signals further away from each other So there is a distance between the traIns this is a option.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.