Is encouraging resource growth posable?

Home Forums General Discussion Is encouraging resource growth posable?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ErstO
    Participant

So I made my millions moving passengers around the map and it’s now 1901 and I want to expand trade.

I have identified what off city resource are producing and what if anything they need,  am using trucks at some and limited rail lines on a couple of others,  all is more or less ok and profitable.

So now I am trying to get resource that do not need anything (like oil or coal) and are not producing, to make stuff,  I am sending trucks to oil fields and forest products in an effort to create demand,  I have enough trucks moving to be well under the 20 minute rule going back to my city, but nothing is happening.

Am I wasting money?   Is there no way to get a non-producing resource to start producing?

Traian Trante
    Participant

Oil goes to refinery, that creates goods. Goods go to city. Wood -> Samwill -> City.

ErstO
    Participant

Thanks,  but maybe I was not clear enough,  I have trucks going to the woods and then heading over to the saw mill,  but the woods are not producing wood.

I have trucks going to a oil field and then heading to a refinery, but the oil field is not producing.

I am getting oil from other oil fields and making money taking that to a refinery

I’m just wondering what gets an oil field to start producing oil,  it doesn’t seem that my trucks are doing the trick.

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

You will only get production if the destination city has some unmet demand.  If the city’s requirements are fully satisfied they will not take any additional goods, and you are wasting your money.

ErstO
    Participant

Thanks Chris,  that sort of makes sense,  no demand, no produce.   I’ll sell off the trucks and wait for the city to grow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.