Line with interval 45min is working. why?

Home Forums Support Line with interval 45min is working. why?

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi!

I assume you ask because of the “20min rule”.

Traveling time is calculated as follows: The actually time on the foot / road / rail plus half of the frequency of the line for each line change (it is assumed that when somebody exchanges at a stop not knowing when a vehicle arrives the average will be half of the frequency).

But at the first stop only a quarter of the frequency will be added to the total time (assuming somebody goes to a stop knowing when vehicles depart).

So in the case of your example this will result in a waiting time of about 11 minutes, leaving 9 minutes for traveling.

Best regards
    Tom

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by admin.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the reply.
    But in my example on line 4 of the machine. Interval of 45 minutes, i.e. travel time 45*4/2 = 90 min. If we add the waiting time (11 minutes), it receives 101 minutes excluding walking time.

PS. Sorry for my english.

Put it this way:
    frequency = 45min
    time on foot = x
    time on road = 45min*4/2 = 90min
    waiting time = 11min for first stop / 22 min for other stops
    travel time one way = x + 90min + 11min
    travel time back way = x + 90min + 22min

And passengers wishing to use the line in both directions

gcampono
    Participant

I think that developers should better explain the 20 minutes rule.

The only thing I can think of in your case is that if you have more than two stops on the line (as I imagine from the screenshot), then the frequency number you get is referred to the total trip (back and forth). However, customers are not forced to use the whole line, but may hop in a stop and hop out the next. In that case, the travel time between two stops (in one direction) can be under 20 minutes and satisfy the 20 minutes rule.

By the way: why in your calculations you get a different waiting time for the different stops ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

gcampono, you can download my save.
    it`s a big map. 1850year. and horse line through the entire map.
    line has 4 stops, but 1,2 and 3,4 is the same stopgroup.
    i.e. line:
    1. A
    2. A
    3. B
    4. B
    This is necessary because on the line (1.A, 2.B), this bug is not reproduced.

The same can be done with trains. To do this you can add a reversal loop after each station.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I discovered this when I added stops to intercity bus lines. Then my passengers refused to use the trains

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.