Linux Ubuntu 10.40 Steam

Home Forums Support Linux Ubuntu 10.40 Steam

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wortsatz
    Participant

Auf die bisherigen Crash-Meldungen ga es ja keine Reaktion, dennoch füge ich eine weitere hinzu. Auf meinem System (Win7 64Bit 8GByte 2×3,16Ghz Intel Radeon 5770) läuft train-fever problemlos. Ich kann das Systm aber auch unter Linux starten, dann aber kam eine Fehlermeldung, die Grafikunterstützung anmeckerte. Gemäß einem Tipp in der Hotline des Computermagazins c’t, entfernte ich diverse Libraries in Steam, damit die ursprünglichen zum Einsatz kamen. Damit startete das Spiel und lief bis ich die Landnutzung einschaltete. Danach flimmerten die Gebäude hell/dunkel und als ich am Scrollrad drehte, fror das Spiel ein. Nach einigen Sekunden wurde der Bildschirm vollflächig gelb und Ubuntu 10.40 crashte zum Neustart. Dies Verhalten überrascht mich, da für die Linuxtauglichkeit des Spiels geworben wurde. Schade, nun muß ich bei MS bleiben.

Blokker_1999
    Participant

Are the drivers for your graphics card up to date? And what drivers do you use? The official ones from AMD or the open source drivers? Further more: why Ubuntu 10.4? I would like to point out that on the steam page the requirements for this game say a minimum of Ubuntu 12.10 is required.

wortsatz
    Participant

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I misspelled the Linux number it’s Ubuntu 14.10 LTS and the graphic driver is 3.0 Mesa 10.3.0. i.e. the open source driver I presume.

Blokker_1999
    Participant

Indeed they are. AMD drivers are always numbered in a yy.mm fashion, just like ubuntu. I would suggest trying it with the official AMD drivers first, unless you are uncomfortable with using closed source drivers.

wortsatz
    Participant

Well, finding and installing a driver in linux is far beyond my capabilities. I’d rather try to report this to the makers of train-fever. Thanks anyway and have fun.

wortsatz
    Participant

I tried it anyway and almost ruined the whole System ( it’s Ubuntu 14.10 and NOT 10.14 as I misspelled).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.