Little help with 2 way between city

Home Forums General Discussion Little help with 2 way between city

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Florius
    Participant

Hey guys,

I want a railroad between 2 cities, on the left the train go to a town, and on the right railroad from a town to another.
    However, no matter how I place the switch, or the lights, the line keeps using only 1 railroad, and not the other…

Can anyone show me how I should do this?

Mordeth65
    Participant

When you say 2 lines..   Do you mean 2 lines coming right off the platform?   If that is the case, it will not work.   You have to make an extra line off each of those lines and use Switches.

Mansen
    Participant

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/548633844890530998/FD00D1F530AC59C175EBB1A03CB009AF1EEB8F48/

Signals on the outer side of the double track (Or the right side of where the trains are driving)

You still have to make two lines opposite to get the trains to use both platforms – Devs are working on a platform selection feature.

Florius
    Participant

@Mansen

I got the thing working, but I can only get 2 trains running, because if I place a third on the track, it keeps “waiting for free path”… any way to get more trains going?

Foche
    Participant

@Florius

how long is the line ?

you need at least one signal (stations count as signal) between each train , so if your line is long enough , put a signal in between the 2 stations

Yeol
    Participant

For the moment there are no left hand side signals in the game. The signals are based upon the German system; right side running. I’m also wishing the left hand side signals will be available soon, because in almost half of the countries trains drive left (Belgium, Italy, UK, Japan, France, ….).

So, until the left hand signals are available (if ever), you have two options: driving at the right hand side and placing the signal as usual at the outside of the parallel tracks, or driving left and placing the signals between the 2 parallel tracks. Both options are not very prototypical, but it works. 😉

Florius
    Participant

Yeah, I got the 2 routes going, although it might still give some trouble at stations, because it is only using 1 station.

But I do have some trouble getting more then 2 trains running, because if I get a third, it says waiting for free path… Any idea how to fix that?

Yeol
    Participant

It’s difficult to imaging your specific railway network and its setup, but did you place intermediate signals on each stretch of line to divide it into smaller blocks? This would increase the capacity of your lines.

Florius
    Participant

No I have not divided it. I am at work at the moment, but as soon as I am home I will make some print screens to show the setup.

pantner
    Participant

You can only have 1 train on a section of track. The sections are created by placing signals. As was mentioned, there are signals built in to the stations. You need a setup like

…………………..__________Signal__________Signal________Signal_______

Station—– <                                                                                                                                >——Station

………………….—————–Signal—————–Signal—————Signal————

(Ignore the ……. on the left, had to put it like that to get it to align correctly…)

I hope that makes sense 😛 and as mentioned, the signals go on the right side of the track according to the direction the train is running in. If you place a signal on the left side of the track the train will ignore it (but if it comes down the opposite way then it will use it)

You can also make signals one way (by selecting them) which will force locos to only go in one way on it.

*EDIT – Also, always have a signal as a loco is leaving the double track so if it needs to wait, it will wait at the “end” of the double track instead of halfway down it.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by pantner.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by pantner.
    Duffy Duck
    Participant

@mansen wrote:

You still have to make two lines opposite to get the trains to use both platforms – Devs are working on a platform selection feature.

I have read this a few times but never from devs. Where is the source for this allegation ? I fear this is only a wish converted in a fixed statement 😀

GeoffersH
    Participant

Reading all the posts on here regarding the train side of TrainFever. I don’t think much thought went into the game regarding these problems. I know it is based on right hand running (as in Germany) but no consideration was given to left hand running as is in France and the UK. This is the same I suppose of road transport. Maybe a facility to choose either option of left or right running should have been available in the game from the start.

I haven’t had much success with trains so far, but I am just hoping that a patch to improve things will soon be available. It will make building railways much easier.

I am still running in the early period and have only reached 1900 so far, the reason being, I don’t spend much more than an hour or so in each session. because I don’t have much free time available.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by GeoffersH.
    teethering
    Participant

I found that the best way to do this is to connect the tracks in a loop, that way you don’t need to rely on signals to direct the trains.

To do this you’ll need a bit of room on the other side of the station to curve the track around and hook it up to the other platform, but it’s not that hard.

For my current setup I have all the towns on a medium map connected with such a double track and I can just add trains to reduce wait times.

To reduce wait times you can add signals to break your tracks into smaller sections, I find it particularly helpful to add a signal right before the station so that trains loading/unloading aren’t holding up a train behind them.

Florius
    Participant

http://puu.sh/bDIPG/8f1b2bec6d.jpg this is a total overview of the line.

http://puu.sh/bDIRS/530cabb816.jpg right before the station

Another one before the station http://puu.sh/bDIWt/6ae0630450.jpg

Hopefully you guys can help me :), because it is driving me nuts!

Florius
    Participant

Anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.