Looking for modders

Home Forums General Discussion Looking for modders

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    jm764
    Participant

Hey guys jm764 here, I’ve decided to make a mod pack( or more) based on American vehicles and buildings from 1829 – 2050 (gonna need some help with those future ones) while I wait for the developers to release the game.

So Im looking for anyone who want’s to help. Even if you have no programing and 3D modeling skills, I don’t mind as long as you can help research information for those who can do so.

Btw I’m also on working on a free remake of Railroad Pioneer by the former game studio JoWood (now nordic games) as well… but I decided to enhance my modding skills before tackling such a huge task as developing the game.

Here’s the resources I’ll be using: http://railroadpioneer.webs.com/apps/blog/show/42385439-rrp2-update-2-resource-material-and-rp-on-sale-

pschlik
    Participant

I’d love to help since I care so much about this topic. I’m not a modeler or a programmer, but I’d like to learn Train Fever programming. As of now, though, I could definitely help with research and train skins.

jm764
    Participant

Well consider your self “hired” then pschlik. To be honest most of the work for this pack will be for the modeling of the engines, stock, and buildings. But the programming shouldn’t be to hard to do as long as the developers make sure it’s at least as easy to mod as CiM.

By the way, what research do you think you could do the most: steam, diesel, electric, etc.

pschlik
    Participant

I could do research mostly on diesels and potentially electrics, but steam locomotives are a bit beyond me.

jm764
    Participant

Ah ok. Figured diesels would be your best, I’ve more or less got steam engines covered.

Also would you say Passenger or Freight Diesels would be easier for you to research?

pschlik
    Participant

If I had to choose, I’d say freight, but passenger locomotives are no problem to me.

CrimsonSky
    Participant

TrainFever has alot of potential imoh. I am not a modder myself but would like to understand the basics.

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

I’m not going to help you with American stuff, but I will be modding for this game πŸ˜‰

All these models are actually made for 3D printing, but will convert them and add high resolution textures πŸ™‚

πŸ™‚

Mitchell

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by SpoorObjecten.
    jm764
    Participant

Not bad “Mr. SpoorObjecten”…

Wish you could help though! XD

Btw what vehicles and other items are you planning to make then?

Billy Gates
    Participant

Nice Work SpoorObjecten. I have been to the netherlands this year and used one of those trains displayed in your last picture. They look very unique to me with that special form and the yellow and blue colouring. You definitely did a nice job modelling those. Would love to see it in the game!

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

Thanks Billy!

Jm764, I’ll be creating dutch trains πŸ™‚

A few pictures of the trains when they got 3D printed.
    So these current models cannot be used for TrainFever, this is just to show that I will be capable of creating them for that purpose.

Ok, last picture, this is how the trains look before I “texture” them.
    For TrainFever I will have to make lower polygon models and higher quality textures πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by SpoorObjecten.
    jm764
    Participant

Ah I see.

Those are really nice printed out and untextured as well.

Btw do you know how to make a steam engine?

pschlik
    Participant

Nice work SpoorObjecten, I’d love to be able to print my own train set, but I’m not willing to have somebody else make one for me.

By the way, jm746, how do you plan to organize research anybody involved in the mod pack does? I was thinking that a wiki page with a list of locomotives, each with their own page and research information required to make the model/script the model for that locomotive could work to organize everything. Then, as locomotives are completed and approved, they could be moved to a “completed locomotives” list. For future reference. That’s just my idea, but if you have an idea, that’s fine, I was just curious. πŸ˜‰

jm764
    Participant

You know pschlik… that is a very good question with a fairly good representation of how I planned to actually carry out this project… except the wiki would be simplified to a word doc due to the fact I won’t really have time to keep up with the wiki updates due to work.

Also if you guys want to formally join, just ask for a position from this old list I made for RP2 and post the reply here on the TF forums (preferably this post but I might make a new one just for the list) or a forum on another site even if you guys want me to.

pschlik
    Participant

except the wiki would be simplified to a word doc due to the fact I won’t really have time to keep up with the wiki updates due to work.

Ok, but I do recommend google docs if you want to do a plain document since it’s easier to get the document around if it’s on docs and everybody will always see the up-to-date version.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.