Looking for modders

Home Forums General Discussion Looking for modders

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    jm764
    Participant

Well rigging is probably the hardest to get right so the animations won’t be off.

Well they’re better than the “boxes on wheels” I call trains! XD

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

So the model i showed yesterday was actually a refurbish 3dprintable model.

Today i started all over (well, i used the basic frame i created for the 3d printable model) and actually started designing for TF instead of 3Dprinting 🙂

I’m not there yet, but it’s a start 🙂

jm764
    Participant

Hello everyone. I have come up with a Official Deadline for the “Train Fever American Vehicles Pack” (Name still pending).

September 1st will be the day the mod is released finished or not.

It’s not a permanent deadline and work will obviously need to be done afterward, but I want a solid deadline so work will actually commence and things will get done.

The date might be moved up or down depending on when TF is released, but hopefully it will be close to the launch date.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by jm764.
    jm764
    Participant

Not bad SpoorObjecten. I can see a overlay of some doors on the textures though near the front of the engine, but out side of that it looks good as always.

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

Yes, i added those overlay so i know where to place the stuff 🙂 next round you will see details out there 🙂

jm764
    Participant

Figured you had.

Can’t wait. 😉

pschlik
    Participant

September 1st will be the day the mod is released finished or not.

Hopefully that can happen, it will be kind of hard to test models without having access to the game for the entirety of August.

JT
    Participant

I don’t really understand how can you guys develop the TF mod before release day? Is jm764 understand the file structure of TF already? 🙂

jm764
    Participant

To be honest JT… I dont have a clue! XD

But considering how close  the game is structurally to Cim2 (as far as the 3d engine goes) it should just be a matter of making the model  and changing the  code to match that train fever has for importing vehicles and their stats.

JT
    Participant

I hope TF will not use the structure of CIM2. It just a mess. All of the mod must install in form of a “bundle” instead of a stand alone file. 🙁

jm764
    Participant

Well I meant more of the process of designing and rigging the 3d model opposed to the programming needed to run it. ^_^;

mikael

I’m happy to see the interest in modding for Train Fever. As we’ve told before, we’re working on the modding features after the release.

We’re using a converter to get an .obj + .mtl model into our game. A train is separated into different meshes which can be instanced several times.  

So basically you can create your trains already and include them when the tools are ready. You’re going to need one .obj file for each lod (level of detail).  You could change the materials in every lod but it’s not necessary.

The animations are mostly done in our scripts. Wheels and bogies are working automatically, they just need to be separate meshes. 

jm764
    Participant

That’s good to hear mikael.

Well I guess I can get started on the steam engines since they’ll take the longest to complete.

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

Good to have you in this topic Mikael, cause i have one question 🙂

“A train is separated into different meshes”

Am I correct that this means you export a full train from your 3d software to OBJ?
    If this is correct, how does the engine know which part is the wheels / bogey / body? Do you name each group of parts a certain name.

Or do you separate wheels/bogey/body and export them as multiple OBJ files?

mikael

After the convert there’s a game model file created, in the model file you have to define the specifications of the model, type, speed, costs and more. Bogies work as separate groups, in the model file you instance the group.

But more about this when we’re ready for the mod tools.

All you need to know now is that the bogie, wheel and everything about the train is in one obj file. After that the train is going to be configured in the model file. The center of each mesh is also needed for animation and positioning. This could change to make it simpler, but currently we’re working with this. 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.