Losing interest in this game

Home Forums General Discussion Losing interest in this game

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Tattoo
    Participant

The title says it all. After playing this game for a while now, it’s getting boring to me. The traffic jams in the cities stopping my bus and/or tram service, the limited cargo production, the limited vehicles and mainly the poor performance of it all is getting old very fast.

I’m a player of the original Transportation Tycoon and then Locomotion. 2 good games that has a lot going on in them which holds my interest longer. This game is suppose to take over from where the other 2 left off, but I’m not seeing that.

All I see are problems in most aspects of the game and wonder how this game is the predecessor of the other 2. I tried my best to see thru the problems and hope for a better game experience with the updates they released and I modded some things in hope that it would keep me attention long enough to enjoy the game, but it’s not enough.

I started a game the other day to see how long it took to get an industry to full production. I did the coal-iron ore-steelmill and am servicing 4 towns with goods on a small map which leaves 3 other towns to do something with. I started in 1900 and cheated the whole way with a money train cheat and added my gp40-2s to have fast trains to boot. Well, the game is in 1952 and they finally hit 400. Whoopie!!! 52 years to get the 400 production at all 3 industries. And that’s all I can expect to get out of these industries. So I have 2 long trains at the coal and 2 long trains at the iron industries. Again, Whoopie!! There’s nothing more I can do except of course feed the other 3 cities. but after that, then what. All of the other industries on the map are useless. If I tried working them, it would stop the industries that are working now from producing and they would compete against each other and they wouldn’t produce 400 any more. Very disappointing.

So, I hate to be the one to say it, but so far, this game looks like it’ll be one for the shelf with the other boring games I bought unless they make some major changes, and fast, because as of now, I think the game sucks. Sorry to say because I think it has major potential but also think it was released incomplete. I payed $35.00 for a game that I played for less than 2 months and already find boring. Well, I’ll definitely keep checking in to see what they add to it to make it better and I’ll finish the mods I started but highly doubt I’ll do much after that. 🙁  Hopefully they’ll do something to change my mind about the game. Fingers crossed…

It looks like I go back to World of Tanks for a while. At least that game is free to play.

Viljainen
    Participant

Paying $35 for 2 months of entertainment seems very cheap to me. If you compare it to a movie ticket that costs 12 € for a couple of hours of fun.

Anyway I think there is not enough demand for goods in this game which makes it very difficult to make a profit with the cargo trains. Passengers are much better balanced.

matrix
    Participant

I can say I have a similar problem, but for different reasons. Sometimes I even load a game I’m playing currently…  But then I remember, that I need to replace that old cargo horse-line with about 16 vehicles. Or that I need to add a couple of cars to cargo trains to catch up with the production, and keep fingers crossed that the production won’t fall twice while the train is in the depot (right near the station). And all those dozens of other bugs or unlogical things that all the good people mention on these forums.. And I just quit.

It is actually really sad to see how the forums are not filled with guides, achievements, challenges etc., but are 90% complaints and suggestions for the developers. Still, I have my beleif in the guys who are working on this game and really hope to see it rise to its potential.

Tattoo
    Participant

Paying $35 for 2 months of entertainment seems very cheap to me. If you compare it to a movie ticket that costs 12 € for a couple of hours of fun.

I only half agree with you on this because if I was well entertained for those 2 months, I wouldn’t have written this because constant problems in a computer game is not entertaining to me..

And comparing a computer to game to a way of getting laid is no comparison. I’d pay 3 times as much for the right woman and have many times without a complaint.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Tattoo.
    trainzeiro
    Participant

If we start to compare games … I’m not defending TF but I know that is useless to compare games. some have god things, others haver other good things.

If I want to compare TF with Trainz, it is fdifficult to me to start to do that.

As far as I know if you want to earn some money with trains, demolish trucks and trams between cities …

I think that we should focus on trains e rail network. From some videos I saw, some players do not understand or know how to organize a railway network.

TF is game a game to think well before do things. Probably, the pleasur of this game is in this point. If I want other “pleasures” I play other game.

Skiwee
    Participant

That sux Tattoo,  not all to surprising as your probably not alone either the “bar” was placed rather high with a ton of expectation, we all want it to be more then it is (currently). I do wish we could do more with modding there’s much to be left desired.

Game wise, I’ve yet to hit 300km/h with out cheating, or have my high-speed line be profitable.

petzen
    Participant

I’ve played the game since release, and don’t feel the game is worth the value on the price tag.

The first 50ish years of building and planing are still very enjoyable.

I put in hours and hours in creating great looking junctions able to handle large volumes of trains, with the limitations the game offers. I have few complaints regarding that, the biggest would be to build multiple track bridges or the possibility to modify the rivers.

But then the wall of replacement/renew hits, and the years just wash down the drain, and before im done replacing, a upgrade is released. This is where i save and close.

The most positive thing is the community around the game. Huge applause for the people out there making all the mods that clearly is needed.

Person012345
    Participant

The two things I want is: Fixed traffic and more vehicles (which I will gladly pay for in DLC). Do that and I will start playing again.

Either way, the game is far more fun that WoT.

imajor
    Participant

I put in hours and hours in creating great looking junctions able to handle large volumes of trains

That is also the part in these games what I like the most, but in train fever I feel it pointless. What for? The train traffic is so low, that a simple junction can handle it in most cases, to to mention that most of the trains are half empty.

Foche
    Participant

” not to mention that most of the trains are half empty.”

yeah but you have train like this to compensate :

Traian Trante
    Participant

quote: That is also the part in these games what I like the most, but in train fever I feel it pointless. What for? The train traffic is so low, that a simple junction can handle it in most cases, to to mention that most of the trains are half empty.

I agree. There’s hadly any reason to make double tracks, as most (90%) lines you can service with just two trains. You only need small double track in the middle and you’re done.

Partyschreck
    Participant

That is also the part in these games what I like the most, but in train fever I feel it pointless. What for? The train traffic is so low, that a simple junction can handle it in most cases, to to mention that most of the trains are half empty.

Yes, can´t better say that. The game needs more space, more passengers and definitely no simulation of citizens.

That´s the games death.

Greetings from the german Simutrans forum.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Partyschreck.
    stevendshen
    Participant

i think if we are able to make custom maps the game will be much more fun.

stevendshen
    Participant

(just think about it. which train simulation game does not allow custom/real maps?)

Tattoo
    Participant

(which I will gladly pay for in DLC).

So you’re suggesting that we all pay out more money for something that should have been included when released? You’re either an idiot who has no value of money or you’re using your parents credit card and don’t care that you’re wasting their money. I’d like to have your money to throw out the window too.

Personally, I value my hard earned money and don’t like throwing it out the window. I already feel that I payed too much for this game and am certainly NOT going to pay out any more for something that should have been included when released.

I’m sure they just love people like you who like to waste their money but most of us work hard for our money and like to get something worth while in return and not expect to pay twice for something.

Either way, the game is far more fun that WoT.

So you’re saying that you think playing this game that has all sorts of problems is FAR more fun than playing Wot that has no problems while playing? Personally, I like games that play well and don’t have problems while playing them. To me, a fun game experience is when I can play a game for hours and not have to deal with lagging, stutters and pauses every 20 seconds. That’s just me and I’m sure others feel the same.

I’m sorry if I sound brutal but when someone is suggesting to pay out more for a game that is incomplete, it means we all would pay out more as well, I have a problem with that. You might like to waste money like this but I don’t. I want to feel as if the money I spent was worth while. again, that’s just me. Others might agree with you. I certainly don’t…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 174 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.