Maintain an interval between trains/buses

Home Forums General Discussion Maintain an interval between trains/buses

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    bafouu
    Participant

I have noticed in the Gameplay video that when two buses were affected to the same line, they left the depot at the same time, and so they stayed together during all their route in the town. In my opinion it is crucial that there is a way for the player to make a vehicle wait to let a minimum interval between itself and the previous vehicle. In Cities in Motion, that was not possible and we could see three buses together with a huge gap after with no buses, which is unefficient and very frustrating !!

Even if you have decided not to implement timetables, you could add an option to set for exemple how many days (since it is the time unit in TrainFever) after the previous departure a train of the same line is allowed to move off.

I hope you intend to make something to deal with that, that would be very usefull !

Anonymous
    Inactive

In Cities in Motion, that was not possible and we could see three buses together with a huge gap after with no buses, which is unefficient and very frustrating !!

Well, in CiM buses (and trams, and other vehicles) maintain intervals automatically, if they do not interfere with traffic jams. With last patches it worked relatively well. I think in TF will be something like that.

mikael

Our buses will wait at a stop till the previous bus moves further. This will prevent a bus from a traffic jam. You’re able to send the bus back to depot and start his route manually later on.

douglas
    Participant

I don’t recall you talking about bus bays. Will there be bus bays? Otherwise a bus waiting to keep a certain distance to the other bus will block the lane, causing a huge traffic jam behind.

kensternation
    Participant

Schedules. PLEASE tell me we will be able to create meaningful schedules. CiM2 has a great schedule maker but there is no point in getting too detailed with it due to a lack of passenger intelligence. This severely degrades game-play for me. Being able to setup schedules for different times of the day and days of the week would be FANTASTIC!

Axel Springer
    Participant

Hi,

if you look at the game play video 5:19 for example:

there you can see manage route and: Schedule 4 min. cycle. So i think it is or?

douglas
    Participant

I think there are no schedules. 1 month will be 8 minutes if Im not wrong.

Much better this way. No schedules, no day night cycle, just hard signaling and routing. That is what the game suppose to be about, not timetables that will never work as expected for a very simple reason: vehicles moving in real time while game time moves faster.

kensternation
    Participant

Douglas some of us LIKE scheduling. I respect your opinion of building a network, but what do you do then? We have had games like that in the past (A train, railroad tycoon et al) I LOVE those games but, to me, scheduling adds a whole new fun fascinating element to the game.

Anonymous
    Inactive

1 month will be 8 minutes if Im not wrong.

As I remember, 1 day ~= 1 second, so 1 month = ~30 second.

douglas
    Participant

I also respect your opinion kensternation. If the devs decide to add schedules, ok great. I’m not against. I’m just pointing out a problem that ppl refuse to see and create “amazing” complex formulas and suggestions that never work. Its very simple: vehicles must run at the same time the game run, otherwise no schedules will ever be good enough. You either play a game where vehicles seems to be on cheetah speed all the time, or a boring game that 1 minute = 1 minute in real life.

And to confirm:

1. An in-game year will pass in 6 minutes. You’re able to speed the time up, what will shorten an in-game year.

Source: http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/giving-thanksquestionsideas/

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by douglas.
    Axel Springer
    Participant

I am with doug, but for what is the function in the game play video?

Thats fact and no idea by myself.

@Kensternation
    : If you like trains and schedules you have to play ZUSI.

I think after bulding a network, you have enough to do (new factorys, new tracks, repair network, new vehicles, etc.)

douglas
    Participant

What is ZUSI Axel? I did not find this game.

Here is the devs saying about the schedules:

Train Fever is not going to have timetables. You can add signals or change the street layout  to optimize a route .

Source: http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/timetable-and-other-questions/

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by douglas.
    Axel Springer
    Participant
    linoa06
    Participant

“In Cities in Motion, that was not possible and we could see three buses together with a huge gap after with no buses, which is unefficient and very frustrating !!”

IRL bus and train companies do this too, and the problem still occurs. I think it’s actually pretty realistic, not a “flaw” of the game.

bafouu
    Participant

IRL bus and trains depart from depot at regular times so they join the previous bus only if it has been stuck in a traffic jam or anything else, whereas in the game buses will be together from the beginning, that is not realistic. That’s why I think regulation on buses interval would be good and needed for the game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.