management of double tracks/train circulations

Home Forums General Discussion management of double tracks/train circulations

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bafouu
    Participant

I hope that we can tell to trains which track it should use for their route. It is very important for the game in terms of realism and to facilitate management of trains and tracks when several trains have to use several tracks.

Two exemples to show this :

– If 2 trains call at the same station with two platforms, but Train A can use both platforms whereas Train B can use only Platform 1, then it would be great to make Train A always stop at Platform 2 so that Train B is able to stop at the station even if Train A is already there.

The second exemple concerns double tracks. We know that in that case trains run on the left or on the right depending on the country.

– Let us consider 3 towns, A, B and C. There is a long double track starting in A that split in two single tracks when it arrives near B and C. One track goes to B, the other to C.

Two trains use the network : Train 1 links A to B, Train 2 links A to C. The first option to make it work is to assign one track to one train, that means they will never meet since they stay in their own track dedicated to them.

The second option is the realistic one : thanks to crossovers where the double track splits, the double track could be use with one track for one way of circulation and trains would use both tracks, depending on the direction they go, either to A or to B and C. This option is definitely the right option in my opinion, so we should be able to give a direction to a track so that trains don’t use it in the wrong way !

Tell me if it is not clear ! (that is not native-English written…) Will Train Fever have such features ? The game is already very impressive, but that is a crucial point to have realistic train circulations !

Axel Springer
    Participant

Please make a picture 🙂

bafouu
    Participant

Well, please excuse my poor drawing skills.

What I want to say is that 1st option is without the red crossovers, each train stays on its own track (green arrows) whereas in the 2nd scenario, the crossovers enables a normal circulation, with trains leaving A on one  track and entering it on the other. That is real life.

Is it clearer ?

bafouu
    Participant

Sorry, I can’t display any picture on the site, it has to have a URL adress…

Just imagine 3 towns at the 3 edges of a Y with the longest branch of the Y being double track and the others only one track.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by bafouu.
    bafouu
    Participant

I got the time to try a new thing. I hope it will work this time

The explanations of the picture :

What I want to say is that 1st option is without the red crossovers, each train stays on its own track (green arrows) whereas in the 2nd scenario, the crossovers enables a normal circulation, with trains leaving A on one  track and entering it on the other. That is real life.

Is it clearer ?

Axel Springer
    Participant

Here we go, nice picture 🙂

So i dont know for 100%, but i think that should work.  Maybe with a way-point.

But you need a switch point by A, right? Than can the train change the track

and drive out.

admin
    Keymaster

Yes this should work if you’re going to build the track changes. Otherwise the train cannot switch between the tracks.

bafouu
    Participant

Okay fine ! 🙂

However Axel Springer has raised a interesting point : are way-points available in Train Fever ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.