Map size

Home Forums General Discussion Map size

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bombastico
    Participant

Which will be the game map size?
    Thank you for your time.

Fandazma
    Participant

Good point.

I remeber, the maps in sid meiers railroads were katastrophic.

In some cases the train arrives in the destination town, but the end of the train was still in the starting town. This was a big minus for me, when I play it.

It would be great, to watch a large train rolling trough the landscape.

Robbedem
    Participant

The bigger the better. 🙂 I would say a minimum of 100km, otherwise it would be impossible to have realistic high speed trains. Towns should also be spread out, but what i’ve seen from the screenshots was ok. It could perhaps be a bit more spread, but that could be an option at the start of the game.

• This reply was modified 11 years ago by Robbedem.
    mikael

Currently we’re using a map size up to 100 square kilometer, but we didn’t tweak the game yet. At the release the map size is going to be much greater than this. 

Damage
    Participant

I am curious what the distance was between the 2 towns in the gameplay video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvO4I9mIOaw) to give me a feel of what 100 km² represents ingame.

cheers

Robbedem
    Participant

The newspost stated that the map size will be 16x16km. Might there be an option for larger maps via mods or expansions in the future? Or will this be hardcoded in the game?

basil
    Urban Games Team

Yes, there might be such an option, but that’s not yet sure. We do our best 😉

Also, it might be possible, to e.g. use an 8x32km map.

The distance between the two towns in the gameplay video is about 2km.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.