mechanics of pricebuilding

Home Forums General Discussion mechanics of pricebuilding

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dozer
    Participant

can someone enlighten me on the mechanics of pricebuilding? what criteria does it depend on, how high the revenue on a delivery is?

is it distance, speed, or are the prices fixed? or are prices higher if demand is higher? a mixture of all of them?

game mechanics are not explained and obscure.

thanks

Azrael
    Participant

not obscure at all.
    The greater the distance over you deliver something, the more money it flushes into your pocket.

Gruwe83
    Participant

Hello,

on last saturday I made some tests because of it. Here my results:

1. It is not relevant how fast you transport the goods. If the passengers or the goods decide to use your vehikels (when you can transport them in less than 20 min), you will get the same price when they need 10 mins oder 15 mins to their destination.

2. You get more money when the distance are greater, but the money per distance get lower. (Example: For 10km you get 10k/km, for 20km you get only 8k per km…these are not the exact values, it’s only an example).

That were the results from my testing. I hope you know what I mean despite of my bad english.

Dozer
    Participant

@Gruwe83:

thanks buddy

@azrael

so if the game mechanics are not obscure at all, please enlighten me with some deeper insights about pricebuilding. I mean, … Gruew83 gave me some insights. And he says he did some testing, to find out how pricebuilding works. I guess it was not clear to him before as well and still might not be enitrely, as with some tests he possibly might not have found out every detail. But if to you it is not obscure at all, then you know all about it. So please tell me everything there is to it. I am listening.

douglas
    Participant

I guess by pricebuildings you mean the value of the buildings in the city? That is based on how accessible they are. Residences must have easy access to commercial (shop), industrial (jobs) and leisure. Commercial must be accesible to customers, industrial must be accessible to employees and leisure to visitors. That is why buildings near train stations value most.

Read the guide and things won’t be so obscure: http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/train-fever-interactive-guide/

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by douglas.
    nilssoa
    Participant

Who pays for the delivery, will factories choose the cheapest option? Why buy expensive materials from far away when there are cheaper ones close by?

douglas
    Participant

There is no price involved in game. Only delivery time and frequency. If you deliver goods fast enough is good enough for them. Also they don’t have an option. If the goods are close enough they will of course walk themselves to the industry. But if not, there is no competition, they have to use your services. Its a monopoly.

nilssoa
    Participant

If there is no price, how do factories make a profit?

douglas
    Participant

Its a game.

More accessible they are to employees more easily they can reach full production, more goods they require. Then they grow, requiring more employees, making the city to grow, as more residents will want to live in the city as its full of jobs, increasing the demand for goods and increasing the demand for commercial buildings that will also grow.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by douglas.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.