Memory Leak

Home Forums Support Memory Leak

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ride
    Participant

I’m getting an out of memory message on the latest build. I have 8 GB of ram, of which 2 is used by other programs, so that leaves 6 to be used by Train Fever.

Game crashed to desktop with message that windows is out of memory and the train fever .exe as the cause. Please fix, thanks! Never had this with any other game I played so far.

Tossi
    Participant

This game uses a lot of memory. It is not much of a bug but rather a requirement of the game and simulation that takes place underneath. Also if you run a lot of other programs the memory can be fragmented and then windows may be unable to assign memory for train fever properly because it doesn’t have chunk anywhere that is big enough for the game or it puts part of game between other programs and when the game wants to extend the memory reserved for that part it collides with the space taken by other programs.

dr1fter
    Participant

you could try increasing the swap partition (UN*X) / paging file (NT) size. This will prevent memory allocation failures. however, this is bought at the price of a severe performance penalty – in particular if the device hosting the swap / paging file is a mechanical HDD and not a SSD drive.

as for the question whether or not there is a memory leak present, it would have to be investigated how memory consumption evolves during a certain period of time. a tool that would come in quite handy to do this in a graphical way would be sysinternals process explorer. however, it is true that increasing memory consumption may very well be caused e.g. by the increasing amount of population / vehicules, etc.

so to somewhat harden the evidence there is a memory leakage, you might e.g. try to run a game session for some time (monitoring memory consumption. then re-loading the same save-game you started with and comparing memory consumption (preferrably, this ought to be repeated several times).

cheers,
    Christian

ride
    Participant

It keeps giving me out of memory messages. I kept a resource monitor window open on my secondary screen and the amount of memory that is used by trainfever.exe increases all the time. The program crashed @ about 55% memory usage in total. After that, I ran a virusscan, which consumed 65% of memory, and no out of memory problems whatsoever. My best bet is a memory leak.

Also, I’m not sure if this is main program related, or mod related.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by ride.
    Faldicek
    Participant

I also have this problem, previous versions did not do this. I also have 8GB RAM.

ride
    Participant

Maybe this helps:

http://i.imgur.com/lgus2XF.png

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by ride.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by ride.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.