Missing horses and people

Home Forums Support Missing horses and people

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    markh
    Participant

I’m not sure what’s happened, but it seems I’m missing some assets. There are no horses in front of the carriages, and I don’t see any peeps either.

Using Steam, I’ve verified the game and even removed it and reinstalled it, but they’re still missing. I’ve also messed about with the graphics setting to no avail.

Any ideas on how to debug this and bring back the living creatures?

The game is surprisingly playable and I’m loving it, it’s just a shame I can’t se all the great work you’ve done.

markh
    Participant

To show what I mean, here’s what I see for carriages and people: http://pasteboard.co/2Pc17QWk.jpg

starman001
    Participant

Just an idea, but since the horses are the animated part of the model / Vehicle, try swichting of the special graphic settings one by one, maybe it’s a driver issue and your card don’t like some of it.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by starman001.
    KilrBe3
    Participant

Your card isn’t overheating or anything is it? You on latest GFX drivers as well?

markh
    Participant

Thanks for the response starman. I’ve set all graphics settings to off or low in the menu, and still nothing that breathes.

The animation angle sounds probable, but I can still see wheels turning, the horse halters moving etc.. peeps and horses just don’t show up. Those are the only pieces that I noticed as being missing, the rest of the game seems to work fine. The outline when hovering over a carriage doesn’t show the outline of the horse (it just outlines the halters) so my gut says it’s a corrupt file or something..

I do have to admit that I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s related to drivers.. I normally use Mac, but was too excited to wait for the mac version, so I dusted off my old PC. 😀

KilrBe3
    Participant

Try a good old Driver Update, and make sure you selected “Clean old drivers” or something like that when installing them (NV) that is. That and maybe just some good ol PC maintenance, try a cCleaner run. Gonna bet its drivers too!

markh
    Participant

A few dozen Windows Update updates and catching up on three years of driver updates seem to have done the trick 😀

I probably should’ve tried that before coming here looking for help… but as the rest of the game was working fine I didn’t think that was the problem. Guess I was wrong.

Thanks for the help 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.