[MOD] NSB (Norges Statsbaner) – Norwegian stuff UPDATED (26.09.14.)

Home Forums Modding [MOD] NSB (Norges Statsbaner) – Norwegian stuff UPDATED (26.09.14.)

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    pleym
    Participant

NSB

Will update this post/topic etc, with links to mods related to Norwegian trains and stuff if they get crated.

NSB Mods:

NSB
    NSB
    NSB
    NSB
    NSB

Click to enlarge photos

Download:
    NSB mods are located at “train-fever.net”: CLICK HERE to download. The link will send you to the download page, with all “NSB” tagged downloads. Where the mods above can be found.

Installation
    How to install:

just merge the “res” file with the one in the Train fever folder.
    I have steam and its located here for me: “D:\Programer\Steam\SteamApps\common\Train Fever”
    So you will have to find your own some where.

the files won’t over write the ingame ones, they will be added additonal to the default ones.

I would back up the original files before i added mods, just a tip.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by pleym.
    galinpetkov
    Participant

What about the Swedish SJ? Can you make them?

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Very nicely done! Good Job!

Omich
    Participant

>The mod will replace the ingame textures, I haven’t figured out how to duplicate vehicles yet, to make them additional to the current ingame content.

You can make duplicate of in-game vehicle following this steps:

1. Duplicate vehicle tga texture under res\textures\models\vehicle;
    2. Duplicate vehicle mtl files under res\models\material\vehicle, change params.map_color_reflect.fileName to your tga texture file name;
    3. Duplicate vehicle msh files under res\models\mesh\vehicle, change subMeshes.materials to your mtl file name;
    4. Duplicate vehicle mdl file under res\models\model\vehicle, change appropriate lods.children.id to your msh file name;
    5. Duplicate vehicle tga icons under res\textures\ui\models\vehicle and res\textures\ui\models_small\vehicle (name must match with mdl).

Than you can change duplicated icons, textures and configs (vehicle name, cost, etc) and it not affect original vehicle:

(On this screenshot I’m forgot to duplicate icon)

olahaldor
    Participant

Ser bra ut ut, Pleym! 😀

Many already know I’m working on a Flirt, made from scratch. I’ll tag along in this thread when it’s ready for release. Just need those mod tools first..

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by olahaldor.
    pleym
    Participant

@Omich

Thanks for the guide :p, will fix up the vehicles and make a V2, so they don’t replace the default ones :p

@olahaldor

Will be nice to see the Flir ingame :p to set up on the intercity lines.

I’m also working on a snow/winter mod, and a Norwegian street and city name mod (struggeling a little with the “Ø” that makes the game crash. so will try with “Ö” instead today). 🙂

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by pleym.
    olahaldor
    Participant

First screenshot of the Flirt in the game. It’s only the shell, but using the TGV bogies so far until I figure out a few other problems.

By the way Pleym, I plan to model the El 18 from scratch. 😉

jorgenRe
    Participant

@Pleym or just use “oe” as it’s often used in place of “ø” 😉

pleym
    Participant

@olahaldor the Flirt looks really nice, looking forward to set it in traffic :p

Would also be nice if you could make the “Di. 4”:

There is a lack of diesel trains ingame :p (need it for “Nordlandsbanen”).

@jorgenRe
    will try, but the ö should work as its used for the german city names. But the game was just crashing when i used it so.. will try with oe :p

olahaldor
    Participant

if I’m not mistaken, the documents are UTF-8. So perhaps some special encoding is needed…

Try these!

Æ = Æ

æ = æ

Ø = Ø

ø = ø

Å = Å

å = å

olahaldor
    Participant

The Di4 looks a whike lote like the El 17, so it could share the base model. 🙂

pleym
    Participant

hem, seems that it does not work ether. Probably have to be added in some root file some where to accept the letters in the game.

Well will be nice to see what you come up with.btw. the flirt has two more wagons than the “normal” NSB type 74. It has 5 total including the “trains”.

I wanted a new wagon, so I retextured a new one: “NSB B3 Reisegods”. Its available for download. Its a “cargo wagon” for goods, with 3 passenger slots (for the conductors) :p

jimutt
    Participant

Looks good!
    When you get tired of the Norwegian trains I think you should move over and make some of our Swedish trains 😉 If you make a winter mod you’ll have to make sure they get constant breakdowns though because SJ’s trains never run in the winter 😉

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

@olahaldor

Could you help Spoorobjecten with implementing his trains in Train Fever? He actually needs something like a tutorial how to use the converting tool for implementing the trains into Train Fever. Really hope so 😛

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

Like said before, I will only start modelling once I have UG tools :)

Or will give it a try once there is a proper tutorial on how to do it  😉 don’t feel like having to test and try stuff before getting it working.
    Don’t really have the time to do so :)

Hey SpoorObjecten,

I understand that, I expect it’s not that easy. I noticed that you contacted olaholdor for texturing before. He’s allready testing and adjusting his train within train fever, I’m sure he can explain to you how to use the tool, how to implement the trains ingame. I hope you can get your trains working, that will be awesome!

olahaldor
    Participant

I’ll make a tutorial in due time. But some parts of the stuff like BoundingBox is a bit of a mystery yet. Placement of bogies is a bit of a mystery as well.

I could probably make a tutorial on how to do the stuff needed to make the model and texture appear, and then update when I know more about those special, weird snippets of text which is individual per model.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.