Mod Request: AI traffic cars (will pay)

Home Forums Modding Mod Request: AI traffic cars (will pay)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bloodbunny
    Participant

Hello all, I have been playing Train Fever for some time, and absolutely love the game and the direction in which its heading. That said, there is one part of the game which seems a bit lacking, and has been forsaken by the modding community, and that is AI traffic vehicles. No, you can’t buy them, or use them at all, but they add to the immersion of the game by creating the sense of time passage.

The buildings change throughout the game, and even the pedestrians’ clothing changes, but 1934 models are still the only vehicles on the road in 1955, breaking immersion. As far as I can tell, not a single AI car mod has been made.

Attempting to remedy this, I set out to create some of my own,but quickly realized that I simply don’t have the time, nor modeling/programming talent to undertake anything of the sort. That said, I do hold a relatively well paying job, and have a Paypal account.

Thus: I propose that models of the following vehicles be created by those with the time and talent to do so. The years are suggested times of appearance.

Ford Model S: 1907-1920

Ford Model T: 1908-1935

Chevrolet Master Deluxe Couple: 1933-1950

1947 Packard Clipper: 1947-1960

1957 Hudson Hornet: 1955-1970

1966 Plymouth Fury 1964-1980

1977 Ford F-100 Pickup 1975-1992

Yes, all American cars, as the upcoming expansion will be USA themed as well. The years chosen represent the “Golden Age” of the Automobile, when they historically overtook and replaced passenger rail.

As we all know, this game is resource hog, so the models would need to be fairly low detail/poly, on par with the default vehicles. No point in creating a great model that lags everyone’s game. (A really high detail vehicle would also clash with the game’s visual style) Also, no chop tops, fire paintjobs, or 20 inch rims; this stuff is for historic flair, so keep em’ stock.

All modders would of course keep full ownership of their creations. I would not be purchasing them, only offering monetary reward as an incentive for the modding community to turn some measure of attention to a neglected part of the game. Reward amount would of course be based upon the quality of the model, and amounts offered would be in line (though somewhat higher, as this is special request) with market prices for a 3d model of comparable detail.

Anyone with an further ideas, comments, flames, feel free to chime in. Any modders interested in undertaking ANY AI car mods, post here, or PM me, as my list is by no means set in stone.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

simonmd
    Participant

I personally think an AI pack would be interesting but it’s not really necessary as the generic vehicles do the job in my opinion. They do give a reasonable indication of the era, changing to vehicles that look appropriate (if maybe a little cartoony in some cases) for the time. Remember, the focus of the game is NOT being a world or town simulator. It is supposed to be a transport sim and the AI vehicles are basically just background eye candy.

Bloodbunny
    Participant

Yes, they are just background eye candy, as I mentioned. But part of the fun of this game (for me at least) is sometimes not worrying about how profitable X line is, or replacing Y vehicle, but just zooming way in, with some good era specific music playing, and watching the people go about their business, or use follow cam on one of my trains. Most mods are “eye candy” if you think about it, only stuff like Cargo Mod, etc, fundamentally change the game. We have modded trucks, buses, all manner of locomotives, etc; its time for a few cars.

crossmr
    Participant

Hey Bloodbunny if you are really interested in paying to have models made, you should try a site I used called freelancer.com I hired a guy there to do a 3D model for me, much more complex, and not for a game, but he did a good job and the price wasn’t bad. You can put up the project, with details and get bids on it. I got like dozens of bids in a day or two, so don’t jump on the first one and wait for the price to go down. You may be required to buy a copy of the game for whoever you get to work on it, and point them to the existing tools and forums so they can figure out just how the models need to be made, but they can also be made very quickly. The guy I hired whipped up a really detailed and complex model for me in a couple of days. Lower poly models like this, you could probably do a few a day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.