Modding capability?

Home Forums General Discussion Modding capability?

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rilder
    Participant

One of the best things I love about OpenTTD is the absolutely amazing modding ability. (and the modding community it has because of this). With the NewGRFs you can get for OTTD you can take the basegame and make it oh so much better, going so far as making it perfectly playable over a hundred years before you normally can start.   (The only way I play OTTD is to start in 1800 with horse drawn carriages and sailing ships)

So my question is, how moddable will Train Fever be?

Side note: Honestly these days with expenses being a factor for myself, a game with extensive moddability and a good modding community to go with it is pretty crucial for me to make the decision to buy a game, modders can do so so so much for the longevity of a game and turn it from a game I play for a few weeks to a game I play for a few years.( There is a reason why I only played Total War: Shogun 2 for a couple hours and uninstalled, while Medieval 2: Total War has a constant place on my HDD)

douglas
    Participant

That is true. Modding prolong the life of the game hugely and also allow the community to make things that the devs don’t have time or its not priority.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.