Modding: Getting started

Home Forums Modding Modding: Getting started

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kromi
    Participant

Hi folks,

any hints to a getting started with modding site for Train Fever?

Kromi

Triopticon
    Participant

Hi,

I would really like to know some about how to start modding for Train Fever just like Kromi here.

I hope there are some fellows out there that could be so kind and share some information around this topic. 😉 I believe there is a few out there that know a few things around this subject.

I’m not that into the modeling of thing, but more on the side of modifying or adding features to the game.

Thank you all in advance for sharing and help a newcomer to the field (but not new to programming and so forth).

Bippa1
    Participant

I am the same, I would like to know where to get started in modding Train fever.

It seems that Autocad is the begining.

http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/modding-guide/

Bippa1
    Participant
    Oprichnik
    Participant

I use Rhinoceros 5.0 it’s much better than others 3d designers. My problem is at the moment i have to export it to Blender to finish the configuration and then creating the files, i have no idea about that part. any idea?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Oprichnik.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Oprichnik.
    jm764
    Participant

Well from what I know if you can find a way to export the model as an .OBJ file there’s an old conversion program that will automatically convert the model to they file types Train Fever uses. I only use Maya 2015 & 2016 so I can confirm it to work without any extra features.

You still need to make the .LUA, .MDL, etc files manually, but this also includes a tool to view the file without opening the game (assuming you can get it to work as all my PCs can’t open the viwer at all for some reason.)

Sadly the link to the download is long gone, but I still ahve the programs backed up, so if you want to try them just ask me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.