Mouse restricted movement with new build

Home Forums Support Mouse restricted movement with new build

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    yeabil
    Participant

Hi

I’m having an issue where now the mouse will no longer go to right 30% of the screen and the same with bottom section. Can’t play full screen but works in window mode. Any ideas on how to fix this?

max
    Participant

I have the same problem. Fiddling around with the resolution-settings didn’t change anything (same percentage restriction also for lower resolutions).

max
    Participant

Solved: changing into window-mode (ALT+Return) and then changing back (ALT+Return again) solves the issue.
    Very strange, though….

max
    Participant

Update:   🙁

Found out that when doing the above swap to window-mode and back, the resolution drops (to 2048×1152, from 2560×1440). Once it’s set back to e.g. 2560×1440, the mouse movement is locked again.

(Nvidia 570 GTX, i7, Win 10)

admin
    Keymaster

Max, from what I read, I see you try to use a resolution above 1080p? Does 1080p work fine for you?

And yeabil, can you tell me what resolution you are trying, when mouse gets “boxed”. Does it work for lower resolutions?

Thank you!
    Tom

admin
    Keymaster

A follow-up, as stated in a post for a similar problem: Thanks to a user from the steam forums there might be a solution. You can try to disable the scaling for high DPI-values. To do so, right click the TrainFever.exe and under Properties / Compatibility you should find a matching option.

Would be great if you let me know, if that helped!

max
    Participant

I’ve already tried the to disable the dpi-scaling (no success).  Also, setting the lowest available resolution limits the mouse cursor to the same relative box. The problem seems to arise only when using “full screen”-mode. Whenever one switches to “window”-mode (Alt-Return), it dissapears. When one then switches back to full-screen mode, the resolution jumps back to those  2048×1152, no matter what resolution was set previously.

max
    Participant

and no…. 1080p does not work

max
    Participant

okay….after now checking this multiple times, I’ve found what seems to be causing this. When the scaling in Windows10 (–> Einstellungen –> Bildschirm –> Größe von Text, Apps und anderen Elementen ändern: XXX%) is NOT set at 100%, the mouse in TF is limited (no matter if dpi-scaling for the trainfever.exe is enabled or not). Once I set the windows scaling to 100%, everything works fine (except that everything in windows looks too tiny for my tired Feierabend-eyes to see).

Please, please, fix this in the next update as changing back and forth the scaling just to have a functional train fever is significantly killing the fun.

admin
    Keymaster

max, thank your for your feedback. Good to see you could figure it.

I will put down a note about this issue.

Tom

yeabil
    Participant

A follow-up, as stated in a post for a similar problem: Thanks to a user from the steam forums there might be a solution. You can try to disable the scaling for high DPI-values. To do so, right click the TrainFever.exe and under Properties / Compatibility you should find a matching option.

Would be great if you let me know, if that helped!

That worked in my case thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.