Multiple passenger lines from a town ?

Home Forums General Discussion Multiple passenger lines from a town ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gcampono
    Participant

Hello, two questions I am intrigued about:

1) I’m wondering if it is a good idea to have multiple passenger lines from the same town (such as A<–>X<–>B<–>X AND C<–>X<–>D) and more or later connect the whole map or is it better to have only one line from each town (thus having independend separate lines) ? Does it improve passengers ?  Does it improve profits ?

2) Is it better to connect adjacent cities like A<->B<->C<->D<->E<->F or is it better to connect more distant cities like A<–>C<–>E AND B<–>D<–>F ? Does it reduce passengers ?  Does it improve profits ?

simonmd
    Participant

Multiple line do work, it’s usualy what I try to achieve but I can’t say whether its any better or more efficient than just one high frequency mainline connecting the lot as it’s hard to run a comparison.

As for connecting towns, I like to experiment with ‘fast’ and ‘slow’ lines. ie, one line would serve all stops but another on the same track would act as an express to miss out every other station. EG, Commuter= A-B-C-D-E. Fast line = A-C-E

It seems to work well but it’s usually at that point I had to stop playing due to performance issues.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.