Multitrack lines

Home Forums General Discussion Multitrack lines

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Col_Fouks
    Participant

Hello all.

I’m a newbie to Train Fever and I have the following question:

I have a line that ends up at station track that has another line ends up on the same track but from the other side of it, however I have other tracks vacant at the same station so the question is:

How can I setup the signals/waypoints so that I have all the tracks at single station could be used for ANY line that ends up at this station, for example:

1 train occupied the 1st track, 2nd train comes to a station and occupies the nearest vacant track (despite its “essential” track is occupied).

Similar thing is done in ‘Sid Mier’s Railroad Tycoon’

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

I’m sorry, I don’t think that this is possible in Train-Fever at the moment.  I believe that it has been the subject of several requests for inclusion in a future update.  It is a feature that we would all appreciate.

n00b
    Participant

You have to use waypoints to ensure that a line is always using a different track than the one selected by the game by default. I do think that the game itself tries to spread out lines in a station as much as possible, but it cannot do this work if your tracks don’t support it.

Waypoints can be either the explicitly given waypoint sign, or any signal (no matter from which direction you approach it), or one of the plenty waypoint mods available online. You’d arrange it in the line route just like a station, i.e. from station A to the waypoint to station B. Note that trains don’t reverse at waypoints, only at stations.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.