Need some Lets plays before preorder

Home Forums General Discussion Need some Lets plays before preorder

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tiresais
    Participant

Hi all,

Love the look of this game, but really can’t commit before I see some gameplay. I loved Cities in Motion 1 (and Trnasport Tycoon was the 2nd game I ever played after Theme Park, and I still play Railroad Tycoon 3), but Cities in Motion 2 lost a lot of the atmosphere with it’s generated cities – they became bland and I simply didn’t care much for them in the end, so that’s one of my concerns. But yea please get some gameplay videos out there so we know what we’re potentially buying 🙂 Quill18 just mentioned he was looking forward to the game on this Dwarf Fortress video, so he’d be pretty good (he does a whole ton of strategy/simulation games)

Berry
    Participant

Just wait ’til some of the ‘small’ Youtubers make videos about the game.

A gameplay video made by videogame devs wont be very good either, they won’t point out bad sides of their games of course.

Just wait, watch some videos and then decide.
    It’d be nice if the devs gave some ‘small’ Youtubers pre-release copies though.

Tiresais
    Participant

Well I’m trying to encourage them to release something to more trusted names in Youtube to let us see what it’s about 🙂 Obviously that wouldn’t include gameplay footage from the developers themselves, and there isn’t much virtue for being “small” on youtube these days

Goemoe
    Participant

The only good footage of the game is the pre-Alpha video from tom.io (german) and the small gameplay video from Basil. Both are way too old. No matter if they point out bad points of it. If there is nothing new to point out the good things, I doubt it will become very popular. I talk to people in old RT3 forums and they don’t even know about train-fever. 😉

fastfokker
    Participant

Yes indeed, although I have pre-ordered, I too would like to see some “let’s play” videos…

Tegron
    Participant

I would do some if I had the game! 🙂 Pre-ordered already can’t wait.

Tiresais
    Participant

Ah but if you had the game you couldn’t do it due to the NDA :p. The lack of awareness is a definite negative – I’m a massive RT3 fan (still play it) and hoping this game’ll scratch that itch.

stmprn35
    Participant

There’s one Lets Play video available now, only in German thought.

And coresponding discussion here if you havent noticed.

http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/new-video-from-beta-german-only/

Tiresais
    Participant

Yup, preordered on the strength of the previews 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.