New MAC bug – saving/reloading games on latest version broken?

Home Forums Support New MAC bug – saving/reloading games on latest version broken?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    BeauLaid
    Participant

Thank you

Tomcati
    Participant

Hello again,

I uploaded a savefile created from a mod-free installation. Steam name is Tomcati (username: tomcatiii)

Settings for new map: Small-Medium-Easy-1850. Seed: A

File was saved directly after map was generated (no modification of scenery/infrastructure)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bx5gqqzUx_khZ1hpRUo1ck5HeDA&usp=sharing

When I open this file, I get the error message. When you click on OK: “TrainFever quit unexpectedly.” Deleting the texture_cache is not helpful.

Lua error

File: res/models/model/

cannot read res/models/model/: Is a directory

Nekro
    Participant

Confirm, cannot load the save game from Tomcati:

same error message:

http://pastebin.com/9HgWHyRS

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Nekro.
    mikael

We’ve just made a small patch for the Mac version.

Do you still have those Problems with the new update?

Mr.Anderson
    Participant

Yes, and it’s even worse.  Before the latest patch i got a blackout. And now the game crashes when I try to load a savegame. That’s a fact for an old savegame as well as for a new one.

If I start a new game it works.

How can I return to an older version. I worked just fine and the 2 latest patches destroyed it. Is that possible?

mikael

What is your Steam display name?

Did you disable the Crash-Dumps?

Does the Mac-Crash Report show up? If so, are there any details?

Mr.Anderson
    Participant

mranderson2k is my steam display name

I can send you the Crash Report, but I don’t wanna upload it here. Can I send you an E-Mail?

Tomcati
    Participant

I can also confirm that the problem is still there in build 4377. The only difference is that the first error message does not appear anymore but the game crashes immediately when loading a save file:

TrainFever quit unexpectedly. (see http://pastebin.com/CeJZVwj7 for part of the crash report)

TomB
    Participant

Build 4377: Immediate crash, loading the original file that caused the issue.

Steam name: illia74

TomB
    Participant

Got 4391 now  – are all my saved games from the broken version essentially lost?  They still crash the game on loading, but the last save from before that update now loads fine. Was the problem corrupt saving of games rather than a bug in the loading of games?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

Are you sure its crashing? There should be a percent or a loading bar when Train Fever is loading. Maybe you think it will load faster than you want it?

I have a issue when playing Train Fever. Its impossible to return back to osx in the game. Why?

mikael

We had an issue with Mac OS 10.7 + 10.8 in connection with the compressed savegames.

Sadly it was not possible to repair those savegames, but with the patch from this morning we’ve been able to get it working. Newly saved games should not crash when loading on a Mac OS 10.7 + 10.8. There’s one more crash on the Mac while loading some new savegames. If you’ll run into a corrupt savegame with the latest patch (Build 4391) please contact us and send us your savegame so we can have a look at it. Keep in mind, it has to be from the newest build. 

Nekro
    Participant

Hi Mikael,

thank you – i will test it with the new build.

br

Oliver

Nekro
    Participant

öhm latest build on steam is 4363?

Your really mean 4391?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Nekro.
    Tomcati
    Participant

Hallo Mikael,

I have now build 4391 and so far did not get crashes with new save files. Many thanks for the update 🙂

I did not even notice at which moment the game was updated by steam. I started a new game this morning, and now I can load the autosave-files from 13:50 and later.

@Amix:

I have a issue when playing Train Fever. Its impossible to return back to osx in the game. Why?

It should be possible to switch between the full screen app and osx without terminating the game:

– alt+enter to switch between window and full screen mode (Maybe you have to select “Windowed” first under Settings)

– cmd+tab to switch to another application

(- swipe with two fingers on an apple mouse, if gesture “Swipe between full-screen apps” is activated

Actually, I am not sure if “alt+enter” is officially supported by train-fever for mac. But it works most of the time. Although sometimes I have (reproducible?) issues with this key combination (especially after playing for some time).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.