New Update (16th Dec) & Performance

Home Forums General Discussion New Update (16th Dec) & Performance

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Timbo
    Participant

Has anyone noticed whether the latest update has improved performance at all?

The release notes don’t contain anything specific about performance improvements, but the traffic re-configuration may improve things.

Performance is the one thing holding me back from playing TF at the moment.

RAZORLIGHT
    Participant

imo the performance got alot better (atleast on my PC)

Martin Mulder
    Participant

My performance degraded: Every few seconds the game freezes for around 1 second and then contintues again.

gGeorg
    Participant

Over all performance is noticeably better, however in the middle of a month there is a new regular lag. Every month is there. Maby some recalculation has been moved,  or splited?

Notebook, Intel 4600graphic. 4GRAM

FX2K
    Participant

Performance is identical for me… guess I will check back in the new year.
    I just can’t bring myself to play this game anymore.. 20fps or lower is a bit ridiculous.

I see they found time to fix something which was not broken though… hmmm main line issues.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by FX2K.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by FX2K.
    simonmd
    Participant

Just run anther game upto the present day from 1900 and found performance to be no better. In fact, im now at 2010 with a great network setup and well over 400m in the bank and I’m having to abandon it AGAIN because it has become unplayable due to lag and slow frames.

This is how this game rewards you for doing well, grinding to a halt.

Pasi
    Participant

I was surprised to find out today that this game actually uses only 1 core. Can anyone else confirm this?

Krogoth_mk2
    Participant

Performance for me has changed. The game use to have “jump lag” every couple of seconds, now it just has one huge lag at the end of every month.

It does seem to be getting better slowly, but I think they need to hire a good multi-threader to split the code up, there’s only so much optimization you can do when limited to 1 core.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.