New Video by tom.io showing some mods (new industries, new vehicles)

Home Forums General Discussion New Video by tom.io showing some mods (new industries, new vehicles)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rauth
    Participant

Sadly it’s only in German, but someone at reddit wrote a short summary.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by rauth.
    Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Saw it too, great how they allready have mods running in beta:

Here’s the summary:

In this video some mods are shown. First the cargo mod with new industries and production chains. Then they show some new trains and give some general information regarding mods.

• 2:40 – Cargo Mod – Features new industries and production chains
    • 3:16 – Shows a factory for household items. These have to be deliverd to the towns. production inputs are: plastic, planks and steel
    • 3:53 – Plastic factory; Input: refined oil
    • 4:30 – Shows an oil refinery and an oil well
    • 4:53 – Lumbermill (Sägewerk) and a forest (Wald)
    • 5:28 – Production chain for steel is explained

Here is a part of the production chain for household items:

Coal mine –> cokery plant -> steelworks —> factory for household items

Iron ore mine -> steel rolling mill –> steelworks –> factory for household items

• 7:34 – “Thus it’s possible to mod any production chain one wants to have.”
    • 7:45 – shows that existing wagons are used for the new goods. But it should be possible to add new wagons.
    • 8:30 – New vehicles – First one: Büssing D2U with animated doors and an animated frame
    • 8:52 – VT137
    • 9:20 – BR 420 in different colors
    • 10:25 – ICE1
    • 10:55 – shown Models were originally made for Cities in Motion with Blender and customized for Train Fever; Scripts are written in Lua. Other tools work as well as Blender, except for SketchUp.
    • 13:30 – mentioning of mods that were developed by other beta testers: new stations, different user interface (large UI)
    • 13:50 – talk about what might be possible: new industries, new buildings, new futuristic buildings, new signals, new tracks; modding is an essential part of the game and already in this beta version very easy
    • 15:10 – talk about german community website http://www.wisim-welt.de/ (look here if you want to see some other mods that are in development)
    Mansen
    Participant

Of course a lot of this is experimental and placeholder. New meshes for new factories should be perfectly possible.

Also “Øøøl øøøøl øøøøl” Silly germans. That’s beer, not Oil. Stop stealing Danish words. 😀

NeighborKid
    Participant

Thats awesome!..  I cant wait what other modders can do..   Hopefully more items are mod friendly such as how trains turn around, perhaps disasters/derailments, etc.. it looks promising that a beta is modable.  I’m so excited.. yet I don’t even get to play when the game comes out!.. noes!..

Perhaps a modder could put almost every train, vehicle.. anything and everything.. and let us play with everything!.. or be able to play selective countries!…

Just like dropping all products off at a town/ city, maybe a drop off at an industry that just takes and doesn’t produce. Like a Coal or Oil power plant!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by NeighborKid.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by NeighborKid.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.