newb here – fast road vehicles can't pass slow

Home Forums General Discussion newb here – fast road vehicles can't pass slow

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    enchant
    Participant

I’ve just started into the game and getting the general feel.  This is probably covered somewhere, but I’m not sure what to look for.

I’ve got a basic road line set up with about 10 vehicles servicing.  A better vehicle has been released, so I bought a couple of those.  But they can’t get past the slow cars that I already have out there.  Is the only option to eliminate all of the slow cars so that the new ones can go at full speed?  Is there an efficient way to do this?  I hate sending cars to the depots, because I lose the passenger revenue, but if that’s the only way to do it.  Is there a way to “replace this old vehicle with this newer one”, aside from the separate steps of sending the old one back and creating a new one?

Thanks.

enchant
    Participant

I think I should have checked the frequency of posts on this forum before buying the game.  Looks like this game is dead.

isidoro
    Participant

Certainly, as vehicles can’t overtake other slower vehicles, the only way to get full speed is to replace all old vehicles in a line with new ones.

Regarding your second question, in the window of whatever line, there is a tab that offers you the possibility of automatic vehicle replacement.  You can set the vehicle that will replace the old one and at what time (how old has the vehicle to be in order to be replaced), but note that there are several shortcomings:

1. The new vehicle will be automatically replaced when the old one reaches the following stop, but unfortunately all cargo/passengers will be lost.  And those lost cargo/passengers will negatively count for the line/industry statistics.
    2. If the vehicle you have set for replacement or any part of it becomes obsolete with the pass of time, automatic replacement won’t take place any longer and you won’t be notified.

enchant
    Participant

Thanks, isidoro.  I’m slowly starting to get the hang of things.

HerrUr
    Participant

Train fever?Hardly,i have 13 trains and over 250 vehicles.This game is so raw that use of trains is simply impossible….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.