No Achievements with ANY mods?

Home Forums General Discussion No Achievements with ANY mods?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    simonmd
    Participant

Not played for a while but was eager to see if the new update was any good. However, in the setup screen I noticed that it said “Achievements cannot be earned when mods are active”. I don’t really have any ‘mods’, just a few bits of rolling stock but one that is listed as a ‘mod’ is the Stadler FLIRT. Am I right in understanding that NO Achievements are possible even with simple rolling stock listed as a ‘mod’?

isidoro
    Participant

It’s somewhat reasonable: when you have different mods or vehicles with different speeds, maintenance, cost, etc. than the standard, it could be easier to gain the Achievements and unfair to compare them with others playing without those advantages…

simonmd
    Participant

Its a nice looking model of a train, not some kind of ‘cheat’! Anyway, anyone with a text editor can EASILY open any of the vehicles LUA files and change what they want, running costs, capacity, anything. Seems we have another addition that hasnt been thought through properly. Either I loose any achievements, therby taking away any of the fun goals that its possible to play towards, or I resign myself to never improving the look of the game with great 3rd part models like the one I mentioned. Nice one….

Azrael
    Participant

Simon, this is in many games the case, look at Paradox Games, EU, CK, HoI etc etc. they all have this limitation and I guess some others too.
    If you want to get achievements, deactivate all mods, start a small map and do the ones you wanna do and you’re fine, I don’t see a problem here.

gazac
    Participant

I played it up to 1955 with mods & was going good had $60mil, when I started a new game it would only let me start in 1850 this sucks at lest the year should stay, so I started a new game with all the good mods like trains & other addons, added the ‘urbangames_no_costs’ one so all was free & the ‘gwinda_timeless_mod’ to give me all, I was going to play it in a sandbox on a large map, like a model train set, I was not going to care about years or time, but  I had to start in 1850 so I had no electric wires, I had the trains but could not use them , anyone know if there a mod to add electric wires early in the game or to start in say 1900,  if not looks like I will have to play my sandbox game with out ‘gwinda_timeless_mod’ & just let the years run to get electric wires. Why did urban games give us a sandbox game but don’t let you play with all

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by gazac.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by gazac.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.