Non-Steam PC Version?

Home Forums General Discussion Non-Steam PC Version?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stormwell
    Participant

Hi, wondering if there is a non-Steam PC version of TF?

I am having no end of problems trying to get the game to work through Steam and I’m not willing to endanger my computer by turning off the anti-virus program.

Thanks in advance.

PaTrond
    Participant

Steam is safe enough. If your anti virus program says Steam is unsafe, you should get a new one, because it means the anti virus program’s library of possible threats is stuck in the computer stone age, and it can’t possibly be a good virus program in terms of today’s standards. Sorry.

Regarding the physical copy of Train Fever, it’s still bound to Steam. Most likely due to its copy protection being Steam’s won one. I am NOT speaking for the developers, but as someone being in the business, it’s not economically feasible for most indie developers to use different copy protections. Steam is also simply the best solution for most developers in terms of pretty much everything regarding publishing.

Game engine developer wants a part of the cake, so does Steam (sales in their store and/ or copy protection), and then there’s the optional retailers who got some pretty hefty demands, not only in terms of their cut, but also in terms of sales potential, and sometimes even demanding what they qualify as a ‘publisher’.

stormwell
    Participant

OK, thanks.

Tis AVG I’m using, but trying to see whether I can download Avast instead to see whether that works better.

Traian Trante
    Participant

AVG gives me warnings as well when scanning the train fever game executable, but i added it to the exception list, i’m pretty sure it’s virus free. ( I also get warnings for other steam games, like Starpoint Gemini 2)

Besides, the warning you get from avg is related to their bug tracker system, messa thinks. When the game crashes to desktop, it will send a report to the developers. This in AVG’s eyes is a “security” issue. Crap logic, if you ask me…..

stormwell
    Participant

Avast works absolutely fine, was able to play TF for the first time in months.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.