Not very impressed so far

Home Forums General Discussion Not very impressed so far

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lesco
    Participant

This game  needs a lot of updating to get it right, the mechanics seem a little wrong.

I’ve started over 10 new games now, and gotten as far as 1925, I’m getting errors trying to build roads, there are no straight line tools or curve tools you have to do it all by eye and hand which is not very good and gets a bit messy, I have started linking up the mines to supply products but the mines don’t produce anything so if you are on “wait full load” your trucks just sit there, and yes I have put the correct depots and stations in, all in all too many bugs for me, and far to frustrating, Im going back to transport giant, much better game, no offence guys, Im sure you have worked very hard on this, but its not polished like other sims, and its not for me…..

Pasi
    Participant

You shouldn’t use the wait for full load so early as it messes up the frequency and travel times. Only when the production is properly running you can use that option to optimize.

Roads can be drawn streight when you start from the end and pull towards the intended junction.

But i do agree with you, TF is very unpolished game

vinkandoi
    Participant

Cargo in this game is simple yet tricky. I suggest you to read some tutorials available on steam.

I am also in the process of writing one

Gasolene
    Participant

I agree with the lack of rail design tools, but what u experience with your trucks and trains sitting and waiting endlessly is no bug.  TF was designed with a realistic demand based economy simulator which is the complete opposite of the ultra convenient Utopian supply based economy simulator that almost every other transport/city builder game ever made uses.

If cars and trains are just sitting there and the factory isn’t producing, then u tried to force demand where it doesn’t exist. To be blunt, u did it wrong!! as did I at one point.

And your road building errors aren’t bugs either.  There’s probably some existing infrastructure or terrain feature that is preventing your road from being built.  TF makes u really plan your growth carefully.

Give it a chance, its much deeper than most builder/transport games despite it’s thin featureset.

RAAndre
    Participant

deleted

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by RAAndre.
    RAAndre
    Participant

No there are definitely road building bugs.  I have tried to build pretty short level roads and they often for some reason want to be built in a “c” shape.  I can’t get them to build a straight road no matter how I try.

simonmd
    Participant

Its all about trial and error, you can actually get straight roads / rails quite easily, you just have to be careful to pull out the way initial section perfectly in line from the last section. If you want to guarantee a perfectly straight section, don’t draw it from another section, do it separate and then connect the two once its been laid.

electricmonk2k
    Participant

No there are definitely road building bugs.  I have tried to build pretty short level roads and they often for some reason want to be built in a “c” shape.  I can’t get them to build a straight road no matter how I try.

This thread might give you some insight.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.