Number of passengers boarding decide how long it takes … WRONG

Home Forums General Discussion Number of passengers boarding decide how long it takes … WRONG

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Maj_Solo
    Participant

I noticed …. no matter how many cars a train has the passengers trickle in one at the time like there is only one single point where you can board the train. This makes the loading and unloading take longer and longer time as you cities grow larger and your train sets longer.

The time it takes for 10 passengers to board 1 car should be the same as 20 passengers boarding 2 cars.

the meter should show

1 car 1 2 3 4 5 …..

2 cars 2 4 6 8 10 ….

8 cars 8 16 24 32 40 …

The game should check the number of boarding points the train set have and set a multiplier …. easy fix.

vinkandoi
    Participant

+1 from me

FX2K
    Participant

Good point… +1 from me too.

Foche
    Participant

+10000

my 3-Dualstox train (426 seats) definitively need this

gGeorg
    Participant

+1 from me.

Today I have noticed the same issue and found same recommendation like OP. :-]

More advanced options for this issue:

Some long vehicles could have more doors. Like long trams. Every vehicle should have defined “Number of doors”.

Cargo Trains – I have 2 points of view-do it same as passengers- short platform has 2 loadingdevices, longer platform 4 loading devices and longescargo station willl have 8 loading devices

What you think?

Kekoas
    Participant

+1 from me too. Long trains take far too long to load.

bv
    Participant

The number of passengers boarding at each count of the timer should be the same as the number of doors on the platform side of the train.

DrunkenJim
    Participant

definitely agree, the number of accessible doors (if the platform is too short the doors cant be accessed) should determine the number of pax able to board at a time.

BeauLaid
    Participant

I was about to post the exact same thing!

+1

The RedKing
    Participant

+1 for me as well. I read this somewhere before as well

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.