Ore and Coal runs away, why?

Home Forums General Discussion Ore and Coal runs away, why?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Pelagorn
    Participant

Hello,

i habe build some Stops in the near from Coal and Ore. But the Ressources goes to the other city and doesnt wait into the stops. Why? whats wrong? The Ore runs besite the carriage’s. Its necessary i must build an depot besite the stops?

thx

Azrael
    Participant

Without a screenshot no one can understand your situation that good.

killkenny1
    Participant

This probably means your carriages run too slow. Decrease the frequency by adding more carriages.

Pelagorn
    Participant

Pelagorn
    Participant

Normally, the Ore an Coal waits into the Stops, or?

Henkie
    Participant

It calculates if it is faster for the ore to “walk” or use your transport system. In this case it is faster to “walk” 🙂

Edit: It takes into account: Time it has to wait for the transporter to arrive, the time the journey takes and the time it still needs to “walk” when it is unloaded.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Henkie.
    gax
    Participant

It´s a mini game, you have to catch it with your cursor and drag it back to your stop.  😉

Seriously, it means that the goods move faster on their own  than with your connection. Increase your frequency for example,  and/or check if your connection serves a demand at all.

Pelagorn
    Participant

The Ore runs besite my Carriages. However, my carriages passes the ore’s on they way.  but they cants pick up them. my carriages are a little bit faster.

Yeol
    Participant

Just like people, cargo has a set destination. Upon creation of that unit of cargo, its destination is determined all the way, including it as a delivered good. You need to convince “the factory” to ship cargo to the destination your line is going to. If  the steel mill you want to ship to has no output, or no set destination for its good, your cargo bay will not be used and by-passed. The entire route from coal+iron mine, via steel mill and goods, till a demanding city has to be available. Only then it will ship. When a city has reached its goods limit, the city will not demand, and good will flow somewhere else.

Probably somewhere in your chain there is an interruption, which sets the demand for coal+iron via your line to zero = no shipment.

At least, this is what I have experienced during my game plays.

Pelagorn
    Participant

Its possible to see anything whts wrong on this pic?

Nique
    Participant

Nothing is wrong. The lines are fine. But you should intensify the frequency to pick stuff up.

Pelagorn
    Participant

Okay, i know, the carriage can be full if she arrives the coalmine. its a little risk. much thx to all. i have understand. i must push my garage xD

Pelagorn
    Participant

ah, one important question i have thas was why i have open this thread. what does the note mine?

Nique
    Participant

In the beginning, just add a couple of trucks. It doesn’t matter if they produce losses in the first few years. The production will increase and then you will get profits. Its like ‘investing’ :).

Yeol
    Participant

First, the order seems not optimal to me. You are trying to ship iron ore via the far away coal mine to the steel mill. The iron ore is faster by foot going immediately to the steel mill by itself. So the pickup order should better be 1.Coal, 2.Ore, 3. Goods, 4. City.

Secondly, I would not ship the iron ore. It’s close enough to go by itself to the steel mill. Take care of the coal and goods only. It’s easier to manage.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.