Payment Mechanisms?

Home Forums General Discussion Payment Mechanisms?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    QualityPancakes
    Participant

Hello Everyone!!

Can anyone explain the mechanism for calculating the payments I receive for moving people or freight?  Right now, I’ve found the most profitable runs are really only moving freight partway between the source and the destination.

I’ve only had this game for a day and it looks great.  Also I want to praise the development team for quickly releasing stability updates.

THANKS!

trainjunkie
    Participant

It’s basically a (linear?) function of the distance (direct fly distance not road distance) from what I gather.

trainjunkie
    Participant

Also forgot to mention: merchandise and passengers will be charged for each part of your network they use, if they use two different parts  (e.g. bus/train or truck/train) they will be twice charged. The longer the distance between two stops the more they pay for each part of your network they use.

This makes building branched networks more profitable than ring networks.

Mansen
    Participant

The further you move something, the more you’re paid – However the “dollars per mile” amount goes down the further as well.

So let’s say you get 100k for 10 miles. You wouldn’t receive 1.000K for 100 miles.

I’m not sure if Trainjunkie is right regards multiple lines is correct though – I haven’t seen anyone show any stats showing that the “DPM” is reset when you switch vehicles.

trainjunkie
    Participant

Well I know that this setup:

Was making me a lot more money than linking the factories directly together, plus the further away the lower station the more money was coming in

jimutt
    Participant

Sorry for being OT but it’s a bit funny how you can’t build “normal” paved roads rather than streets. I really admire the poor guys who have planted all the trees along those roads 😉

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by jimutt.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by jimutt.
    QualityPancakes
    Participant

Thanks guys, I couldn’t tell if I got paid more per distance, or if just per-item. Mansen, I think that Trainjunkie is right about being charged for each leg of a journey.  I have plenty of passengers who pay for a bus to get to the train station, then pay for their train ride.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.