Performance, Bugs and features

Home Forums Support Performance, Bugs and features

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    trojanvirus
    Participant

I really like the concept of the game.  but there are several flaws, the biggest one is the performance.

As the cities grow bigger, the lag becomes so intense, and it’s not because of the hardware. my computer hardware is good, and I recently built it.  It’s not super gaming computer. but one that’s enough to play many games on max.   I think I know what’s the problem.  The game is trying to animate every little object in the game, whether zoomed out or not, whether within view or not.  these objects can become too many, including civilian cars, people, trains.   the game instead should avoid wasting resources when things not in view, there is no need to be too precise with movement of buses and trucks. which lead to the second bug.

-Buses and trucks can get stalled forever in traffic, or by itself.  I had 4 trucks blocking each other in the hub.   I had buses blocked each other in small roads forever, it doesn’t get solved.

The solution is just like the first one for the game not need to be precise. the game should estimate the path of buses position and congestion.  the congestion should delay but not block traffic completely.

-Sometimes roads and rails refuse to become bridge or tunnel, it says something like unable to shape the terrain.   I have to manually shape the terrain into a smooth mountain or valley for it to work.  I think that’s not a feature but a bug. it should automatically do that.

-Why we can’t destroy main connections? they are really annoying, and sometimes buggy, I made a pass to one road, just close to the main one and connect it, but it still doesn’t let me destroy the old one.  it seems it only consider the shortest one to be the main connection.  there is no need to limit this,  let the user decide. just a nice warning maybe useful like “you are about to destroy a main connection, are you sure?”

– Feature

it would be nice if there was a way to set fees for train lines individually.

Tom
    Keymaster

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback!

The performance of the game is for sure something what still could be improved. Also I took a note about your other suggestions / reports and added them to my list.

The “end of month lag” is well known and affects everybody to a different degree, because it can have various reason. What I personally observed is that “encapsulating” a city with rail tracks can have a bad impact, as it will take the engine much more time trying to expand a city at the end of the month.

About the main connection: This restriction is in place to avoid cheating (denying car traffic between cities). Building an alternative route should work, the only limitation is the length of the bypass. If it is too long, it will not be considered.

Also you can get rid of the main connection restriction completely by activating the appropriate Mod.

Best,
    Tom

trojanvirus
    Participant

Thanks for the fast response. I appreciate it.

ah I see, it happens every month. Didn’t notice that before.   Is there a solution in the work we can expect soon?   can’t this calculation be done in a separate window thread to avoid lagging the interface and the game?  I think in this way it can then be done throughout the game month rather than one time.

Can you please elaborate more on the encapsulation?  is this when a track loop around several cities?  because I have one that goes around almost the entire map. and I have many tracks that currently go through cities, those were originally outside, but people started building around the station.

Ok, that sounds fair about the main connection.

Thanks

Tom
    Keymaster

The “monthly lag” is high on the priority list. That is all I can say for now, sorry!

As I´m sure you already know, in Train Fever you cannot build roads crossings over railroad tracks. This also applies to the cities. When the city wants to expand its road network, and has nowhere to go – because for example a railroad tack goes all around (or around most parts of) the city – this can cause additional lags.

You can “help” the city by providing bridges, tunnels or crossings over your tracks to make it easier to expand.

Best,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.