Performance patch

Home Forums Support Performance patch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FX2K
    Participant

I just saw the news of a performance patch, thought I would see if its finally playable.

Nope. Now I can’t even navigate the menus, the FPS is around 2, the lag is crazy and then I get
    A TDR error: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3633

System: i7 3970x @ 3.5ghz, Titan Z gpu, SSD. Before hand I would get at least 25fps late game, which in itself was IMO a joke, but now I guess I need 12 Titan X’s, Liquid Nitrogen cooling and some sort of CPU of the future x12… or I don’t know… to uninstall and finally forget about this game.

Ahh well.

Lowell
    Participant

This is weird. I am using an old X58 EVGA motherboard, 3.2g i7, 960 gpu, 24gig of 2000 MHz ram, 7200 serial drives. The game runs fine.

“?”

With a Titan you should have plenty of gpu resources. What type motherboard are you using?

FX2K
    Participant

Rampage IV Extreme.

The above problem seems to relate to full screen, switching to windowed mode stops the major lag / crashing on the main menus. It’s never had that problem before.

So, on the lowest graphics settings possible, I loaded my game, opened two windows and saw that the same old problems still exist. Huge drop in fps per open window.. at which point, I couldn’t be bothered messing around anymore.. same old same old.

The game has never run fine. Its run in a bearable state, but hardly fine.
    Comparing to Cities in motion 2 where I get constant 60fps (with vsync on) and Cities Skylines which is smooth as silk.. I can manage 30+, but TF can’t even manage that late game unless you get the perfect camera angle and don’t do anything.. like erm.. play it.

Anyway don’t mind me.. I had hope, but no more. Uninstall time for me.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by FX2K.
    Lowell
    Participant

Something is way out of whack, your x79 board and setup is a few levels above my mine. I am running the game fine, full screen all menus in the UI work. Not only am I running the game, but I can run Bandicam, Fraps whatever I want and record game-play fine. Now I am running 24 gigs or system ram, but your gpu has what, 12 gigs of ddr5…mine has 4gig. That should be way more than enough for this game. Maybe give Nvidia a call see if it is some driver issue?

EDIT// Is anyone else using a Titan card playing this game?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Lowell.
    FX2K
    Participant

Before this patch I had no such issues with full screen mode. I may not have gotten the best fps comparing with similar sorts of games, but it was stable and never had a single crash.

Admittedly, I had stopped playing it due to the low fps which I mentioned numerous times, one of those here:

http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/performance-issues-decent-spec-rig/
    and
    http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/are-we-likely-to-see-any-additional-performance-improvements/

But since the recent patch full screen is impossible.

Navigating the menu takes 20 seconds just to get to an option, then sudden crash with the TDR error.
    Alt Enter to switch to window mode does allow it to recover though and does make it playable, but the performance isn’t much better than before, it’s still poor considering and comparing to other games as mentioned above, CIM2 and C:Skylines.

Anyway, I just don’t feel like playing and building up to a point where the fps hits 20 any more.
    So as above, don’t worry about it… I have had issues with it since release and yeah things have improved here and there but clearly it’s never going to meet my expectations, which are not very high.. of being able to play with at least a minimum of 30fps lol.

Anyway, the dev’s or at least Basil said that 20-25fps was as expected at the time I was emailing them and advised me to play like this, lol… “Until then we can just suggest to not have multiple PIP windows open and to play small or medium maps if you are very “fps-sensitive”.

So, I now finally give up 😉

Lowell
    Participant

Well you had mentioned you were using an SSD for your drive space. I have 2 terabytes in my main drive, this means I have a maxed out page/swap-file size. I wonder if it is your swap-file size? Did you raid-zero enough for extra space?

Traian Trante
    Participant

What is weird is that after the “improved performance” patch i also noticed a small drop in fps. Nothing major but it’s still annoying. On minimukm settings it runs at about 24 fps now. I have an AMD A10-6790K apu.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.