Please, re-do the whole UI

Home Forums General Discussion Please, re-do the whole UI

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Thefly
    Participant

Hi,

first of all – my first impression is great, love the game, love the artstyle and mechanics. I’m really looking forward to play it a lot.

My biggest concern — next to performance issues — is the User Interface (UI).

It really feels like it got no love whatsoever, beginning with the main menu, continuing inside the game. For example the “Load savegame” stuff .. it’s like a first test-implementation but got into final release.

Anyway, I know you are a small team and time is pressing and I don’t wanna flame – I just want to encourage to put it maybe a little bit higher in priority. 😉

Cheers,

//fly

ps. Is there a UI Scale value somewhere, to make everything bigger ingame?

dakdak99
    Participant

There’s actually a mod somewhere for a bigger UI. Not sure where you can find it, I’ll add the link to this post when I do.

dakdak99
    Participant

Here’s where you can download the UI mod:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77888280/TF%20Mod/LargeUI_mod.zip

Here’s some details from the developer; note that this is a MOD and can therefore alter the game in unexpected ways.

INSTALLING THE MOD

Make a backup of your Train Fever res/texture/ui folder (and subfolders) if you want.

Drop the “res” folder in this Zip archive to your Train Fever root folder, usuallynamed “Train Fever”. Overwrite all files when prompted.
    TO UNINSTALL THE MOD

Select “Verify integrity of game cache…” from the Steam client to get a fresh TFcopy or just move back your backup ui folder.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by dakdak99.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by dakdak99.
    Thefly
    Participant

Hey thanks, will try that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.