Please remove 20 minute limit

Home Forums Support Please remove 20 minute limit

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    TTDFEVER
    Participant

To the Devs,

Could you please remove the 20 minute cargo delivery and have it as a option.

Bansheedragon
    Participant

I support this.

I dont understand the reason for this limit.

All it does is restrict the freedom for players do build their transport network when they always have to keep it within this limit.

Azrael
    Participant

These 20 minutes are the realtime measurement, translated, what distance the goods are travelling from the game to RL, it is fitting very good imho.

But as long as you want it as option, not as a forced rule for everyone, I’m ok with it.

Berry
    Participant

What’s the point of the game then?

I mean, it’s about trying to make your lines as efficient as possible. What fun would it be if agents would wait for hours (real time) to get from point A to B?

It’s not like it is impossible to let a line have only 20 minutes of waiting time, in fact, it’s really easy. Most of the time 1 vehicle is already faster than 20 minutes and just adding another vehicle could do the trick.

You wouldn’t wait 4 hours to get to another city by train either, would you? And 4 hours would probably be a couple of years in-game time…

Anonymous
    Inactive

The problem is is that passengers get off of the train during the trip.

mackintosh
    Participant

Is the limit really 20 minutes though? I created a freight line between an oil field and the refinery or whatever that building is. At the same time I had a truck line running at 30s frequency to ship the goods to a nearby city. I set the train to wait for cargo until full (the oil field was producing 25 units at the time). The frequency was 14 minutes. This caused the oil field to cut production to as low as 4 units. When I then set the train back to just running back and forth (frequency went back up to 4 minutes) the field starting producing more units again.

Whatever this limit is, it doesn’t make sense to me. Why would a plant cut production even though I was well within the 20 minute interval? What’s the point of even having an option to wait for full load if that causes an almost immediate fall in production output? All of this is baffling to say the least and I for one would appreciate if this limit were somehow adjustable.

Stonelouse
    Participant

yes, that makes freight transport much harder than it ought to be.

the industries are also way too sensitive to changes in the frequency. replacing a vehicle because it has become to old can absolutely destroy production for years to come.

Bansheedragon
    Participant

What’s the point of the game then?

I mean, it’s about trying to make your lines as efficient as possible. What fun would it be if agents would wait for hours (real time) to get from point A to B?

It’s not like it is impossible to let a line have only 20 minutes of waiting time, in fact, it’s really easy. Most of the time 1 vehicle is already faster than 20 minutes and just adding another vehicle could do the trick.

You wouldn’t wait 4 hours to get to another city by train either, would you? And 4 hours would probably be a couple of years in-game time…

Its not about wait time as it is about travel time.

When I go to wait for a train I choose when I go to wait for the train and how long I have to wait, if someone else wants to wait longer thats their choice.

But what is realistic about having a time limit for how long good or passengers should be in transit?

You dont see people or goods disappearing from the trains after a fixed amount of time in real life regardless of where the train is, so how can it be realistic to have that happen in a game that is supposed to simulate the real thing?

When I travel by train to somewhere, the time it takes to get there depends on the distance I have to travel, I dont get off the train in the middle of nowhere just because I have not reached my destination within some arbitrary time limit.

steveb
    Participant

This limit is somewhat confusing… Is it 20 minutes in distance (distance wise from point to point) or 20 minutes in vehicle frequency? If one line with one train gives a frequency of 22 minutes, will 2 trains cut that limit in half, say 11 or will it still be 22 because of the distance.

This becomes more problematic with the industry and cargo hauling. The maps are randomly generated and in one instance i had some goods required being spawned so far from each other. No matter how many trains i added to the line, the production was still 1 for 100 years lol

pantner
    Participant

I believe it is it is 20 minutes to the destination.

So, for a passenger it is 20minutes total time from home to work.

for cargo, I believe it is 20mins from raw material->factory->city

the issue with people disappearing from a moving train, I don’t think it is intentional, but I assume it is related to thos 20minute time limit.

Stonelouse
    Participant

the time limit should at least be dependent on the difficulty setting. i want a relaxed gaming experience at easy. currently i feel like a stressed out manager when playing train fever on a large map on easy, since i tend to build realistic layouts instead of exploiting game mechanics to achieve the highest profit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.