Possible to adjust population limit?

Home Forums Support Possible to adjust population limit?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    stevendshen
    Participant

Hi devs,

I am having late game frustrations – the population is too large that my game is very laggy.

I know there is a population limit of 10000, is there anywhere I can make the limit lower?

I would like to limit it to around 3500…

I could not find a script file for that.

Thanks

Triumph955
    Participant

I’m still trying to decide if it helps but…. When the population expanded too much in one town, (I’m worried about inbreeding), I deleted quite a lot of the residential buildings, seemed to help but that might be just my perception. I don’t know what the ratio of cars per head of population is but it often seems as though it’s far more than one per person.

I think combined with your lower population (possibly optional) limit, 1 car per 4 persons should suffice, currently I’m sure they allow 5 year olds to drive hence the strange antics at junctions.

FX2K
    Participant

I mentioned adding an option to scale population counts to the dev’s

High: Civ’s 10,000. Scale of Ticket Prices – 100% (as it is now)
    Medium: Civ’s 5,000. Scale of Ticket Prices – 200%
    Low: Civs 2,500. Scale of Ticket Prices – 400%

but maybe they can optimise it further without resulting in dropping the civs.

stevendshen
    Participant

Triumph955:

the buildings will rebuild, so its no use.

I also tried to limit building space by surrounding the city with train tracks. that, however, does not prevent population from going back up again, and also results in a huge lag each time a new building is built.

My current solution is I modified the script file by reducing all building capacities by half, which effectively halves my population. It works well most of the time.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by stevendshen.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by stevendshen.
    FX2K
    Participant

@Stevendshen

Did it increase performance, or even just prolong the early game performance?
    I might have to give it a go.. I have stopped playing for now due to the performance issues.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by FX2K.
    stevendshen
    Participant

FX2K:

I have halved the population and performance is drastically better. I can upload the mod sometime.

Previously i have tried deleting residential buildings, but that does not work.

FX2K
    Participant

Good to hear, I might give it a go just to test… was it buildingutil.lua you edited?
    Edit: Of course, if you want to share it, then will save some time 😀

The only problem with halving it is that also halves your potential ticket sales / income.
    I had a brief look in the files and couldn’t find anything to increase this.. I didn’t spend too much time looking though if I am honest.. for it to be a viable option, this would imo need adjusting too.

If it makes a drastic difference then I really do hope the dev’s take note.
    I for one would be happy to play with 1/2 the civs paying twice the price for their train / bus journeys if it meant a smooth enjoyable experience. Most other similar genre games don’t even have wandering passengers…excluding CIM.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by FX2K.
    stevendshen
    Participant

I guess it would but i assume late game all lines are very profitable and it is ok to halve the population and still be profitable

Triumph955
    Participant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.