Question about mechanics for devs.

Home Forums General Discussion Question about mechanics for devs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tossi
    Participant

What exactly is happening at the end of the month that causes lag? I thought it was the growth of cities but I set growth factor to 0 and the lag was still there. Also I saw buildings upgrade when growth factor was set to 0. Does that mean the setting isn’t working?

Tossi
    Participant

The reason I am asking this is because I have this one game where I experience ENORMOUS freeze at the end of the month and in old saves of similiar size the freeze is barely noticable.

Here I provide the savegame: Tossi1.testtrack.sav
    and my little mods if they are needed but they only alter the base game: mods.zip

Does anyone else experience the same freeze at the end of the month?
    Do you know the exact reason why in this game the freeze is so HUGE?

Now that I think about it maybe I should post this topic in the support forum.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Tossi.
    Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

My game always freezes for a few seconds at the end of each month.  (Not as long as when I save a game.)  This freeze gets longer as the population grows later in the game.  (I always play large size maps, starting in 1850.)

Tossi
    Participant

Maybe I didn’t write it clearly but in this game the freeze is abnormal compared to my other experiences. I know about the usual freeze, but this map isnt even that big and developed and it freezes like hell.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Tossi!

Thank you for providing the savegame and mods. I will have a look into it as soon as possible.

Tom

Tossi
    Participant

I kind of figured it out by now. Because I wanted to keep the cities small to prevent lag I surrounded them by rails. And it seems when cities are blocked like that it increases end of the month freezes a lot. Once you remove those rails freeze is almost gone but then cities grow huge and it as back. No way to keep the game running smooth I guess.

Tossi
    Participant

So back to the topic: Is there any chance for a hotfix or any fix that would reduce freezes in provided situation?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.