Questions after 1h gameplay

Home Forums General Discussion Questions after 1h gameplay

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    theuros
    Participant

I have some questions about gameplay

1. How can I build a straight railroad ? … I always get a small curve  .. is there any shortcut to build in straight line ?

2. Is there any shortcut to raise / lower track? .. so i can build a bridge or tunner on plain field if I wanted to ?

3. City zones … blue, yellow,red…  how can I use that info ?  .. is any guide about them ?

thanx

swissyntax
    Participant

2. yes, as soon you place the rail you get a small white box with a arrow in it, as soon you click on the white box you can adjust the height of the rail.

3. its like the real life, the residents want go from one zone to the other for work, shopping, leisure or habitation.

swissyntax
    Participant

1. no, build first a small straight railroad in the right direction, afterwards you can build almost straight.

theuros
    Participant

about point 3.

What zones is more important to connect to the station which is connected to another city? … I mean .. each city has all zones… how can I know how many people actualy work in different city ?

theuros
    Participant

another question ..

If I understood correctly … passengers and cargo find the best/fastest route to the destination .. so, if you build train connection that route would be used …

What happens .. for example .. instead to go from A to B directly .. you create two middle stations  … so you have two lines  A – B and C – D … stations B and C are connected only with road ..  what wil hapen with cargo ? .. will use line 1 .. then goes on foot to line 2 .. or this kind of lines are ignored ?

and… if there is need to first use road vehicles and then train … how close truck depot must be to train station? .. yea I know .. as closest as possible .. I’d like to know if there is an area of effect for two stations .. so pasenegers or cargo don’t loose any time to switch from road to train.. ?

gax
    Participant

Seriously, read the interactive guide here on this site and the beginners guide at steam, it will make the game much more enjoyable for you.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=307389079

Short answers:

Depot placement doesn´t really matter, other than how long your trains and trucks/buses need from there to their line. You only use depots for buyinfg new and swapping old vehicles.

Connect all zones witch each other and the train station. By coach, bus or tram.

Your services will only be used if: the alternative takes longer than your services, and if your service doesn´t take longer than 20 minutes to reach the desired destination of the passenger/freight(not sure about the freight).

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by gax.
    theuros
    Participant

thanx for your answer .  by depot I ment truck station not depot for buying trucks .. my mistake..

I checked out those guides .. but I need to do it again  🙂

another question ..  passengers will use your services if the travel time is not greater than 20min … What about “to get back” time ? … for example if you three stations A B C connected in one circular line .. so train goes A to B to C and then back to A ..  Time from A to B is below 20min .. but time from B to A is greater to 20min ..

so…

passengers can get from A to B in time .. but not back .. is this taken into some logic calculation ?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by theuros.
    gax
    Participant

Stations don´t have an area of effect in this game. Instead, the game calculates the time necessary to go from a to b. Build your stations like in real life. When you take the bus to the train station, you will curse the planner to hell and back if you need to walk 2 miles in between the two.

Can´t help your with your second question, sorry.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by gax.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.