Railway not being used

Home Forums General Discussion Railway not being used

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chatman
    Participant

I just came across this strange situation: built a station next to a cole mine and set up everything as usual. However the mine will not make use of the railway no matter what I do. See attached screenshot.

I suppose this is a bug, right?

cireon
    Participant

The total time to travel by train + the time it takes the coal to wait for the train is probably longer than just walking in this case. With only a single train, that might very well be the case.

chatman
    Participant

While this would make sense and I didn’t stop the exact times I doubt that the train was slower in this case. Besides I tried to delete the road so that the only possible way was the railway. Still it wasn’t used. And I noticed that the mine information said ‘line use: no’?!

Morat
    Participant

I’ve just had something similar. I connected coal and ore mines to a steel works and the steelworks to a town, but when the steelworks started producing it decided that another nearby town was easier to get to than my line with one train, so it’s not using it yet.

bencze
    Participant

For the line connected thing, sometimes I sent vehicles to depot and assigned them again and then it said line used yes… appears to be a small bug, so far i succeeded every time with this method…

chatman
    Participant

Thanks bencze, will try that tomorrow!

bencze
    Participant

Btw how you managed to take screen shot? When I try print screen and pasting it in paint, it captures a black image. Even tried with some screen cap software and it did the same. 🙁

hert
    Participant

Assuming your using the steam version you can take screenshots by pressing F12. When you exit the game, you can either upload them or they are saved in your steam folder.

chatman
    Participant

I used the windows snipping tool

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.