random crashes since last update

Home Forums Support random crashes since last update

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Un1qZ
    Participant

Hello,

I am experiencing freezes with Train Fever that occur randomly about 5 to 10 minutes after I load the game. The result is that I have to close the programm because it does not respond.

I play on Windows 8.1 64bit, video driver was the newest stabile driver and now is the latest beta driver from AMD (which didn’t change anything for my problem)

No mods installed and the only change I did was to edit the base_config.lua to have fewer towns and industry. I tried a game without these changes though and it still crashed.

Un1qZ
    Participant

P.S.: stderr.txt says “d:\urban\steam_build_x64\release\src\game\transport\path_util.cpp:48: Verification of `dist > .0f’ failed (-9.23872e-007 <= 0).”

Un1qZ
    Participant

I found the cause of this error, the game crashed because I had a browser window open in the background, maybe flashplayer is the actual cause since I had a youtube tab on. I have never had this problem with a game before and I often run something on my second monitor while playing.

Hopefully a dev sees this so this problem can be dealt with, it did definately not occur when I last played Train Fever which was about 3 months ago. So it has to be a problem with the patches that were released since then.

Martin Mulder
    Participant

I have the same problem since I am playing the game (since end of 2014). When the game becomes a bit large (after 1950) it crashes every 10-15 minutes.

I always close as much applications as possible to free up more memory and CPU-power… but it doesn’t help much :S

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.