Regarding Early Access vs. Release (To a developer)

Home Forums Support Regarding Early Access vs. Release (To a developer)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tug
    Participant

Hi,

I love the game, can’t stop playing, and I cried and peed myself when I didn’t get accepted to the beta.

That being said, since the game has been released but is still undergoing heavy development (thank you for continuing after release), why was Early Access pay-gated closed beta not the chosen path?  It seems there are a lot of features coming that have been planned, but were still not ready when the release hit.  With no publisher pushing for a date, and limited external advertising relying on a schedule, what was the motivation to release the game when it was?

Thanks for reading!

– Tug

Tattoo
    Participant

So are you surprised that they didn’t answer this? I’m not. I believe they wanted the money and figured it was close enough to warrant a release. I certainly don’t agree and feel like I’m paying $35.00 to beta test a game that’s not ready for primetime. Way too many problems and piss poor performance when my machine is higher than the minimum system requirements. So far, I feel like I was ripped off. I don’t see how others are enjoying it. They must have some powerful computers because I’m also reading how terrible this game is even on a gamer PC. I’m still waiting to see these manuals that were suppose to be released after the release of the game. It’s been over a month now since the game was released. But they didn’t say when after the release will they release the manuals. It looks like it’ll be a while. How long Devs? A year, maybe 2 before we get the manuals you all said we’d get after the game’s release? I don’t care if you only have a 3 man team, don’t say you’re going to release something and not do it. Not good for you’re credibility.

Very disappointed but am hoping you all make good on fixing this game because it has major potential, it just needs a lot more work before it plays properly. Oh, and your forum software sucks too.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Tattoo.
    Tug
    Participant

I don’t have any of the performance problems you are talking about, and it is really easy to figure out the controls on your own.  They are all quite intuitive, IMO.  Of course this is a modern game, so you will need a modern PC to run it, but nothing extraordinary, however they have said that performance enhancements are in the works.  If they said ‘after release’ and did not specify when, no credibility lost.

I believe the reason they have not respoended is because I accidentally put this in the support forums and not general discussion, and this topic is far from support related.

I am mostly curious about their release plans, with no criticism intended in the initial question.

Also, please do not derail forum topics.  This thread was intended as a true question, not as a place to complain about random things that bother you about the game.  I recommend making your own topic to do so.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Tug.
    Tattoo
    Participant

Also, please do not derail forum topics.  This thread was intended as a true question, not as a place to complain about random things that bother you about the game.  I recommend making your own topic to do so.

No problem Tug. Sorry that I highjacked you post. I didn’t mean any harm. It won’t happen again…

Tug
    Participant

It’s all good, just a point of forum etiquette.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.