[Req] Freeze Time

Home Forums Modding [Req] Freeze Time

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Gasolene
    Participant

Is there a mod, or is it possible to build a mod to freeze time?  e.g. I want to live in 1865 forever, same streets, buildings, cars, trains, buggies.  I’m fine with vehicle replacement requirements, I just want to freeze the time period.

LB
    Participant

I don’t think it would be possible; I’ve even tried using cheat engine, but that only made the game crash. Also, I came to the realisation that cargo and passengers are updated at the beginning of each new month, so freezing time would stop new passengers or cargo from appearing. So when cheat engine didn’t crash and actually froze time, my vehicles were not making any money; they didn’t cost anything either. But when I toggled cheat engine off to go to the next month, it crashed every single time.

A mod to do this would require modding the game engine’s source code itself which isn’t possible at the moment. Hopefully, the devs might consider allowing us to mod that in the future (or greatly expand modding capabilities) like a number of other games have allowed (like Civilization 5, Mount and Blade, etc). At the moment, you can only mod the physical objects in the game, like buildings, vehicles, trees, people etc and their costs, stats, speeds, etc.

You could go through every vehicle you don’t want and turn off their introduction year, or set it to something ridiculous like the year 5000. Same for buildings and roads, but that would be a very large amount of work since there are a lot of objects in this game.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by LB.
    uzurpator
    Participant

You can reach this state “de facto” by editing the resource files and ensure that anything created before year X is permanent ( just set yearTo = x property to 0 ) and anything introduced past that year is never introduced ( set yearFrom = x to absurdly high value – say 99999 ). Time will pass normally, but your technology will be frozen at a given year.

Gasolene
    Participant

You can reach this state “de facto” by editing the resource files and ensure that anything created before year X is permanent ( just set yearTo = x property to 0 ) and anything introduced past that year is never introduced ( set yearFrom = x to absurdly high value – say 99999 ). Time will pass normally, but your technology will be frozen at a given year.

That’s exactly what I want, I don’t’ mind if the years keep incrementing.  Much thanks.

Where do I find these resource files, and can I make this into a mod for easy enabling/disabling.

LB
    Participant

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Train Fever\res\models\model\vehicle

In that folder are more folders of vehicle types. Each folder has many .mdl files that can be opened with a text editor (recommend notepad++).  Make sure you also do the civilian vehicles or you’ll go bankrupt.

You can also edit buildings and roads which are all located back in the <install dir>\res\models\model folder. Then you can stop the new roads, bridges and buildings from appearing.

Gwinda
    Participant

..or you can use the timeless mod

Gasolene
    Participant

@LB Much thanks, this is great

..or you can use the timeless mod

Timeless mod is actually the complete opposite of what I want.

medopu
    Participant

And why would timeless mod not be ok for you?

If i wanted to stay in 1860, i would get timeless mod and buy only the vehicles from that era. I don’t understand what are you trying to acomplish here?

uzurpator
    Participant

He could get his vehicles, but buildings, stations and roads would still change.

medopu
    Participant

oh yeah i forgot about that 😀 sorry then, disregard my post.

Traian Trante
    Participant

I would go for a mod that slows the evolution of vehicles by a factor of 5. for instance the second locomotive, teh borsig that appears in 1860 shoudl appear in 1900. In effect it woudl give us ore time to play with the trains before we’re forced to upgrade them.

Lowell
    Participant

It would be cool to be able to “adjust” the timer for the game.  Right now it takes a month, sometimes longer for the residents to ride from one town to another due to the fact the timer runs so fast. If the said timer was set way out, it might take an actual 24 hours for one day to go by. That would “freeze” the game long enough for it to creep through the days, months, years.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.